Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Simonds Prague in QLD

Page 6 of 14
Horse
Not much happened this week.
External cladding, and kitchen Benchtop and sink installed.

Hi horse, been following your thread for a while now, just wondering what kitchen bench tops you chose? I really like that clolour, is it it a shade of grey or is that just the photo? Cheers

Thanx horse. I'm thinking of changing out the pendants lights. I'm really loving the grey cement ones from Kmart
we will also be changing out our black splash to a glass splash back in this really pretty grey colour all the way up to the ceiling.
The walk in pantry I could never fill it up, soooo much space !!!

Colors look very nice horse

And I love love love your colour choice for kitchen

Cassie.f90
Horse

Hi horse, been following your thread for a while now, just wondering what kitchen bench tops you chose? I really like that clolour, is it it a shade of grey or is that just the photo? Cheers

Hi Cassie, benchtop is linen. It turned out darker than the sample i got from gallery. Im not sure if it is due to lighting or the effect of the domain cabinets

Horse
Cassie.f90
Horse

Hi Cassie, benchtop is linen. It turned out darker than the sample i got from gallery. Im not sure if it is due to lighting or the effect of the domain cabinets

Our walls are Oak buff aswell.. great choice

justheart
Horse
Cassie.f90
[quote="Horse"]Not much happened this week.

Our walls are Oak buff aswell.. great choice

[/quote]

It is a very safe neutral color
by the way, can you still remember the size of your fridge?

Awesome thanks, I was looking for a light grey stone bench when I was in gallery but couldn't find any. I might take a look at what that one looks like.
Progress too slow ...

I'm feeling the same way this week.

AJB
I'm feeling the same way this week.

Its so frustrting not knowing whats happening. Wet areas tiling and downpipes and thats it since australia day.

And i saw the electrician from the next door build using our electricity. Too bad i wasnt able to get picture while he was doing the deeds. I just took a photo of his vehicle and will definitely report to simonds

Our painter has been working on and off since Jan 24. He still has at least another two to three days left. Maybe I'm expecting too much. But it's frustrating when they do a day's work and then don't turn up for two days (not counting Australia Day). And all our trades have been single guys (apart from the brickies) so everything seems to take ages.

That's annoying about the electrician. It makes you wonder how often they have used it when you weren't at your house.

AJB
Our painter has been working on and off since Jan 24. He still has at least another two to three days left. Maybe I'm expecting too much. But it's frustrating when they do a day's work and then don't turn up for two days (not counting Australia Day). And all our trades have been single guys (apart from the brickies) so everything seems to take ages.

That's annoying about the electrician. It makes you wonder how often they have used it when you weren't at your house.

Very true. I have read a few builds here having this kind of issues, both water and power. But it is annoying when you see them doing the act.

Week 10 - Painting. They said fit out to start next week but i doubt. All doors, cabinets and externals were still not painted.

Painting seemed to take forever for us. It won't take long to paint the externals. Maybe other trades will work on the fit out inside when the painter is outside?

Wow looking good horse
looking at your walls reminds me of my walls. Such a beautiful colour

And we have the same house lolz we'll sort of lolz

Week 11 - painting finished. Light fixtures, powerpoints and fans in place. Bathrooms/toilet done. Wardrobe done. WIP shelving done though its needs to be changed. I asked them to relocate the bottom shelf to the top as i want to install cabinets after handover. Informed crc already as i don't want this to add more days to rectify after pci.

Not so happy with the external colors
. The good part is its just paint, can be easily changed.

Our app says pci date completion is 13/03. Haven't heard from builder but that is less than a month away. Really need to organize fencing...

Garage door (taken midweek)

Ensuite (with the big sliding door
)

WIR

WIP

Main bathroom

That's a shame about the external colours Horse, like you say, at least it can be changed if it doesn't live up to your expectations

Love the wir & wip, they look so good

nice WIR and love the garage door...
Got an update from our new site supervisor...
- Driveway poured
- aircon in
- flooring done by the end of the week

Internal QA will happen in the next 2 weeks. Then they will schedule the PCI.

He said in 4-5 weeks, I will have the keys!

Related
15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

5/03/2024
Looking for the perfect design - 2 storey in Qld

Building A New House

We used a smaller qld builder who went bankrupt about 12 months after completion of ours. It was a shame as they were good and relatively cheap and I would have used…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum