Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Colour questions?

Page 6 of 20
Hi Michelle,
Hoping you can help, I'm stressing myself out over our external colours. It's too late for pretty much everything except our render colours. I was hoping to post photos but can't work out how.
We have a two story house with a monument colorbond roof (regretting such a dark colour already argh). Silver window frames. Wood look triple garage and front door. We have to choose Dulux accratex colours and have chosen Silkwort and Exposed Elements. Will this all go together or will it look like a mess and/or way too dark?
Rebecca87
Hi Michelle,
Hoping you can help, I'm stressing myself out over our external colours. It's too late for pretty much everything except our render colours. I was hoping to post photos but can't work out how.
We have a two story house with a monument colorbond roof (regretting such a dark colour already argh). Silver window frames. Wood look triple garage and front door. We have to choose Dulux accratex colours and have chosen Silkwort and Exposed Elements. Will this all go together or will it look like a mess and/or way too dark?

Hi Rebecca87.....

Here are your colours. You have thrown a brown into the mix with greys and charcoal.
If possible I would change Exposed Elements to a mid grey. not mid brown.
But other than that one colour, everything else works.

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu98/bellao4/Mood3.jpg

http://www.denovoconcepts.com/wp/

ms_prez
Hi Michelle, just wanting some advice please if you don't mind. What colour would you recommend to paint internal trims and doors if the walls are kitty grey. We prefer the cooler tones and don't want to much of a contrast. Would it suit to do the kitty grey in a half or quarter strength? I would really appreciate your help. X

Stilettos & Bricks, our Building Journey blog - http://stilettosbricks.com
Our Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=85183

Hi ma_prez...yes you hit it on the head.
If you like your wall colour drop it back a couple of shades for your trims, that way all colours are in the same family.

jsingh7986
Hi Michelle...m posting first time as read your replies found very useful....can u please suggest in grays&white toned internal walls as I have only to choose from taubmans endure range

Hi jsingh,

I'll have to look at this for you later....I need to dig deep for the Taubmans colours.

Email me for a quote to today - michelle@denovoconcepts.com
Thanks Michelle, much appreciated x

Stilettos & Bricks, our Building Journey blog - http://stilettosbricks.com
Our Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=85183
Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your reply! Do you have a suggestion of a mid grey from the Dulux Acratex selection?
Thanks,
Rebecca
Rebecca87
Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your reply! Do you have a suggestion of a mid grey from the Dulux Acratex selection?
Thanks,
Rebecca

I'm pretty sure Acratex is just a paint finish/render you can mix any colour paint into.
I'm heading out the door soon, I'll have a look later for you.

Thanks Michelle,
Looking forward to your reply ?
jsingh7986
Hi Michelle...m posting first time as read your replies found very useful....can u please suggest in grays&white toned internal walls as I have only to choose from taubmans endure range

How you going jsingh7986, still need help?
Sorry I get really busy.....
Hi Michelle,Yes I need ur help here is my questions
1. I want to know about is one step down to leisure area is good thing or bad as I have little slop in the back ...so I thought to do one step down next to kitchen in living room and alfresco is next this living area...step down will be 170mm....Plz reply
2. I choose espresso brick from pgh and want best match of render and cladding colour as my wife want Surmist render and garage too....plz reply
3. I chooses white kitchen and getting white with light grey pattern tiles want to choose best wall colour...I have good light in home and have to Taubmans endure range due to builder restriction....Plz suggests so that can goes perfectly my wife like light colours

M waiting for your reply and for facade attaching a pic to help

Morning jsingh7986,

Sorry I've been on holidays. I'll pop in tonight.
jsingh7986
Hi Michelle,Yes I need ur help here is my questions
1. I want to know about is one step down to leisure area is good thing or bad as I have little slop in the back ...so I thought to do one step down next to kitchen in living room and alfresco is next this living area...step down will be 170mm....Plz reply

I have no issue with a step down, it helps to define your leisure space.

2. I choose espresso brick from pgh and want best match of render and cladding colour as my wife want Surmist render and garage too....plz reply

What colour roof and windows are you having??

3. I chooses white kitchen and getting white with light grey pattern tiles want to choose best wall colour...I have good light in home and have to Taubmans endure range due to builder restriction....Plz suggests so that can goes perfectly my wife like light colours

Taubamns "Tahira White"

M waiting for your reply and for facade attaching a pic to help

Thanks Michelle...roof will char grey ...trend windows antique silver ...fascia gutter and Downpipes all will be Monument

Thinking to do axon cladding instead of stria on front with grey Matter colour..what u think how it will look and we r getting render only at front part as looking on pic with surfmist colour...two wood pillars and garage door in same surfmist/white colour...don't know how it will look your suggestion extremely needed

Hi there

We have recently build in QLD with Plantation Homes and now need to choose our render colours. I thought all the big decisions were behind us but seems not to be the case. We've sampled a few paints (Dulux evening haze and dune and white duck) but none seem to be right. I would love some advice.

Looking for something neutral to go with our surfmist colorbond roof etc but everything seems to not be the tone I'm chasing. I'd love something with a bit of brown/neutral but not dark or overwhelming. Any tips? Pic below

Hi all....I'm really sorry for not being around for so long.
I have had the busiest time in my work for a very long time.
I'm still trying to get through a few projects but my time is freeing up slightly.

I hope to be in a little more now.

Hi Michelle,

Would really value your opinion on our color selection for the front facade:

Front Projection : Malay Grey
Full House Render Color : Silkwort
Tile on side wall: Alpine Charcoal
Roof, downpipes and gutters: Monument Grey
Windows: Stegbar's low sheen black
Garage: Timberlook Coaba
Front door stain: Ash Brown

Here is my poor attempt creating a render from the color palettes above:

And here are the elevations:

Thanks in advance...

sinbox
Hi Michelle,

Would really value your opinion on our color selection for the front facade:

Front Projection : Malay Grey
Full House Render Color : Silkwort
Tile on side wall: Alpine Charcoal
Roof, downpipes and gutters: Monument Grey
Windows: Stegbar's low sheen black
Garage: Timberlook Coaba
Front door stain: Ash Brown

Here is my poor attempt creating a render from the color palettes above:

And here are the elevations:

Thanks in advance...

Hi sinbox, your colours are great! Nice choice in paints and good graduation with the colours.
Well done. Enjoy your new home

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu98/bellao4/homeonesig_2.jpg

Email me for a quote to today - michelle@denovoconcepts.com
Hi Michelle, welcome back and let me get started. Im an currently doing a new build and my design style is Urban Organic, we will be doing a timber floor tile from most likely from National tiles the colour yet to be picked. Can you make suggestions for base and feature wall colours. We are having very high celings

FOLLOW MY CORAL HOME BUILD NOOSA29
https://tapatalk.com/topic/11116-homeon ... effery-pad
Hi Michelle
Happy new year to you hope your holidays was great
I need advice for bathroom tiles and internal paint
I have white polyurethane kitchen with Snow White bench top on stair case m using black Japan stains and I have ice white colour main floor tiles in Matt laparto finish
So what colour of Taubmans endure suitable for walls and door/wood work?
Regarding tiles is it 450x450 is good size for bathroom room floors or I can go with 300x300 coz I heard bigger bring water drainage problem

Thanks in advance

Related
13/09/2023
decoration and colour questions

Interior Decorating Lounge

Thanks for that! Yeah, I was thinking timber front door.

7/07/2023
Retaining wall questions

Landscape & Garden Design

Not sure what council area you are in. Some LGA's allow zero lot retaining walls. This usually occurs in greenfield developments but not often in established areas. You…

2/09/2023
Questions to ask a builder before you begin?

Building A New House

Ardo That is so funny! I wonder how many people know who Larry Haun is these days. I have a couple of young guys we call Mo 1 & Mo 2 who run a crew of 6 boys and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum