Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Greenvale Heritage Views

Page 6 of 18
Hi Guys,

We bought a block in Feb 15 Stage 1. The Vendor is going to use Sunset Clause. Prices will be going up. We have been screwed over. I'm trying to ring Rex now have been for the last 2 days but won't pick up the phone, funny about that.
So this week my contract will hit 2 years.
Not happy.
Hi MTBEE,

That's Rex for you.

I don't understand how some can stay and some they are taking back.

Looks like we will find out today just how much the prices have gone up. I spoke to someone today who believes Stage I won't title for at least another 3 months. I'd be getting prepared as I think a few more people will be affected.
I spoke to the developer yesterday, he said titles for stage 1 would be lodged in about a week and that stage 2 was expected about June July as works have started.
Hi Fqunqar,

How did you get in contact with the developer?

Do you know them?

Hi boxer18,

I was able to get in contact with him through a friend that works in that industry,
Is there any information you would like to know?

Have you received any contact from Rex
Hi Fqunqar,

I would like to know how come they are canceling some contract and letting the buyers keep some.

No I won't deal with Rex as he is a lyer but saying he has not heard from me and canceled my contract.

I awaiting from my Conveyancer. It's just disappointing we invested 2 years of our money to be told you don't have a block as they want to make more money off them now.

My whole family is upset

I've been fed the same story for the past 2 years. I've been going and checking on the progress of the estate for 2 years, what a waste of time. The people who bought first will be shafted.
Stage 1 papers may be getting lodged but its a few months before council releases everything ( titles).
Lets see if we get the new prices today.

How many other people have been affected via the sunset clause.
Hello MTBEE,

I also can't believe what they have done.

So have you been informed they are putting up the prices?

What a joke

So have they given you the first option of buying the land back?
Great new guys the land has gone up $93K. What a load of shi t. Waited this long and have been burnt, everything else gone up as well in that area. Should have bought in Greenvale Gardens for $270k back then.

Have a week to decide. I won't be re purchasing. Absolute disgrace.
I think the estimated development cost may have blown out of budget due to delay. This is the reason all this is happening. The thing to note is the delay is not due to weather which has been claimed, their might have been days or weeks but the delay was for months & months. The other thing to note is there are other estates who started after heritageviews covering larger area and delivered before them.
As per my understanding sunset clause does NOT auto active it is up to sales person discretion. Now the thing to note is the developer might not have anything to do with all this as this is all to do with sales. However they may or may not have say into this. What one needs to FIND out is if Rex has been given developers blessings to activate this clause.
Anyone can contact the developer by looking them up on the Google.....

It will be good to keep each other inform of what is going on since we all might be in same boat.
Wow what a joke. So Rex wants to cash in.

Anyone got the number of the developer?

So we have invested our time and money for 2 years for this. Our life has been on hold for this to be told this.

Unbelievable.

Yes have been given 7 days to decide. New price is 345K.

I won't be re purchasing.
Hi I bought lot back in 2014 in this estate @heritage Views , they promised the whole estate will be titled in 6-7 months. After two years they couldn't had over the lots by sunset date set in the contract and they started to cancel all contracts that were over 24 months. Anyone else affected by their misleading contract or how we can get to the previous agreed contract terms?
Hi Cyrus12,

A couple of people on this board have had that happen to them over the last few days. Communication with Rex has been poor.

Have you been able to get in contact with him?
Hi guys,

I just got my letter and my block is an extra 100k more.

This is a joke and they are doing this to clearly make more money for them selfs and forget about the honest families trying to make a living.

I have spoken to a few people and have been advised that we could do a class action but will cost a bit of money or we can put a caveat on the land to buy us more time on the land and stops them from reselling the land until the caveat has been removed.

This won't get you the land but it will cost them some extra money to remove the caveat.

We need to get this out there in the real world and not just in this forum as this is a disgrace.

As the say the rich get richer and the poor get pushed over.

Boxer i would advise you to speak to the developer as he has his name riding on this. See what he has to say.
Spitfire, when does your sunset clause come into effect as you said you bought in stage 1?
Oh don't forget they might just do the same to everyone including stage-2. Don't believe a word they say now.
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum