Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone else building at Piccadilly Estate, Riverstone?

Page 6 of 38
Drove past yesterday morning. Work is at full swing. "Piccadilly Mountain" is crumbling inch by inch.
It's great to see! Let's hope the fast pace continues

Drove past this morning, even with the rain there was lots and lots of action. I was very surprised to see them working in the wet. So happy to see the progress. ??
Hello everyone! We just signed contracts for lot 8 on oberon st. We're building with domaine. When we signed the domaine guy said rego for land would be in February. But hopefully it is earlier. Look forward to meeting people!
Craig and Leigh
Oberon8
Hello everyone! We just signed contracts for lot 8 on oberon st. We're building with domaine. When we signed the domaine guy said rego for land would be in February. But hopefully it is earlier. Look forward to meeting people!
Craig and Leigh

Welcome Craig and Leigh! We are building across the road from you. What design from Domaine have you decided to go ahead with?

We were looking at purchasing a block of land in this estate and just wondering what everyones thoughts were about the high voltage power lines being so close?

We liked the blocks along Cranbourne Street, however we spoke to our bank and they said that they are very cautious about power lines being close to properties. The bank will not give finance unless the power lines are at least 100m away from the block and the valuer makes the decision about blocks that are further away as to whether they will give finance.

What are everyones thoughts on this?

Thanks
That shouldn't be a problem.

I work in this industry with investment properties and if your bank is saying this is a problem then I'd go to another mortgage broker or financer.

I have several contacts with different brokers if you are wanting another opinion.
I had the same doubt about powerlines. I guess even Cranbourne is ~100m from the power line (measured with speedometer).
As an ex real estate agent my experience was that when it comes to selling the number of buyers is less and the price has to be reduced in order to make a sale. If this is an investment please take this into account and negotiate accordingly, if not, choose a block further away.
Hi Guys,
I can't see any powerlines at least in google maps satallite view, we are on Kunic street and this news has got us worried, is anyone else can recall the power line going across middle of the plot.
Regards
Sid
Hi Sid,
The power lines are not on the land, they are running parallel between cranbourn street and Kensington st where they are doing major water detention area. Sid your block is far away enough not to worry.
Regards,
Silvia
Hi Everyone,

We are first home buyer and building at lot 67. We are so happy to see some progress on the land!!!

We are excited to meet our future neighbours.

Kaye & Dave
HI Kaye & Dave,
We are on lot 71. Welcome to the forum.
Yes, so nice to see action on the land.
We are first time building but not first time buyers. We are building with Eden Brae, who are you building with?
Silvia and Peter
Hi Silvia & Peter,

We are in the same street! We are building with Simonds.

We drove past the area today. We got excited as there were so much development than the first time we came to visit.

Kaye & Dave
Hi Kaye and Dave,

Welcome to the forum neighbours
... We r lot 58, just up the road from you. It is exciting seeing it all start to take shape! R u building single or double storey?
We have gone with double storey to maximise space n to give a good size backyard.

Jane and Arty

proverbs3130
Hi Everyone,

We are first home buyer and building at lot 67. We are so happy to see some progress on the land!!!

We are excited to meet our future neighbours.

Kaye & Dave

Hi Kaye & Dave,

We are just one block away, lot 65.

Cheers,
RK
Hi all,
Drove past the land this afternoon, lots of work being done in compacting the land, spoke to one of the workers and he explained what they were doing. The density of the fill needs to be measured every 50cm and approved by the engineer before more fill can be added, the fill is mixed between different materials in the correct amounts to achieve the required density. The Piccadilly mountain is almost gone.
Looking good??
Silvia
Hey Silvia,
Thanks for your updates we live in Macquarie park and even though we would like to go and see it for ourselves but between work, a 17 month old and college going wife it is impossible to go anywhere!!!
Sid
Hi Sid,
I understand being busy, we live at Beaumont Hills near Rouse Hill so is a five minute drive for me. I really enjoy looking at the progress and updating the forum, it has been a long time coming. I visit the site every second day or so.
Silvia
Thanks for the update Silvia. I think we need to hold a celebration once Piccadilly mountain officially goes!

Related
24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

26/05/2024
Estate restricting lot owners installing rolling shutter

Renovation + Home Improvement

A lot of those Covenants are put in place at the time the Developers are still involved and marketing a certain look and they get ignored or expire after a time. If the…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum