Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Dream Metricon Glendale 38 (Sydney)!

Page 6 of 277
Orpheus,

As you are building a 'high set' Glendale, id recommend that you upgrade to 3-coats of paint. The metro range (unless it has changed very recently) is a 2 coat paint system. 2 coats in the sense there is an undercoat and one coat of your chosen colour; Id call this one coat of paint - but M NSW calls this 2 coats of paint..
Good point ausbuster! Let me check out the paint system M uses...

build thread - viewtopic.php?t=78328
Orpheus
Need some input from everyone please. What we did was add a storeroom behind the garage but in doing so, the roof above the garage has to change and the new garage roof has a different pitch and it looks hideous! Please see below.

I studied Vikas77 design and they did something similar with the study room and the roof looks better.

Any comments would be welcomed!

Note sure if you've resolved this, but Metricon have introduced a "standard - workshop" extension that you can add on to the side of your garage, if you have the space along the edge of your block to for this in. Gives the storage you're looking for without the extra headache (I think) of the pitched roof - sorry if you've resolved this already.
Hi NRyde, thanks for the feedback unfortunately we don't have space on the side of the house for it
it's a good idea though. I think we have given up on a storeroom to the rear of the garage.

Changes clearly cost money when building but how exact do you need to be at tender stage? I'm looking at some of the floor plans (here and else where) of Glendale and have so many questions/changes its doing my head in (thermal wall capacity, upper floor deaths, underground water tanks, etc) . Should I just press on and pick it up at contract or stand fast and get the tender right???? (We paid deposit on 30th June and todate had two detailed re-plans of the internals- still need to lock in facade and which side to put garage) will look to kick off my own thread. Sorry for not starting sooner. Thanks all.

Orpheus
Hi folks,

We have received the quote for our lovely WIR in the master bedroom. We have relocated the WC in the room before so now it is completely open space. We have chosen to you robe company called Poliform (Alexandria) who build European style wardrobes. Our plan for the WIR is:

1. Add an L-shape robe unit - height of robe close to ceiling height as possible.
2. Add dressing table on right elevation
3. Two slim tall awning windows either side of the dress table
4. Tall mirror on wall near entrance

Design as follows:

Some photos of the display robe

Any thoughts or suggestion welcome!

Omg love your robes!! It's is so luxurious!! My only thought is if you'd want to have doors on some of them. My wardrobe never looks that beautiful and is always quite full, being fully open you can't hide the mess anywhere! But as you have plenty of space it might look great as it does in the display. Great choice

viewtopic.php?t=78985

NRyde Glendale37+
Changes clearly cost money when building but how exact do you need to be at tender stage? I'm looking at some of the floor plans (here and else where) of Glendale and have so many questions/changes its doing my head in (thermal wall capacity, upper floor deaths, underground water tanks, etc) . Should I just press on and pick it up at contract or stand fast and get the tender right????

Try have as much included as possible. Especially structural

We went with the later and ensure we had everything (structural, cosmetic and we even went around brick yards to select the external bricks for upgrades ) this way we don't get any surprises. Also, M is very pedantic with making changes after a contract stage.

Agree with Mona, I've heard if you want to make huge structural changes you may need to go back to drawing board and it takes long. Also I would suggest to include some allowance for tiles and electrical in your tender. It always costs more than you think
Usually bank loan is finalised before you do your selections so having a provision will cover you. If not you may need to redo the bank loans or pocket out the cost of upgrade out of pocket.

viewtopic.php?t=78985

Yes. .. definitely can vouch for electricals and tiles!!!

Franky40
Orpheus
Hi folks,

We have received the quote for our lovely WIR in the master bedroom. We have relocated the WC in the room before so now it is completely open space. We have chosen to you robe company called Poliform (Alexandria) who build European style wardrobes. Our plan for the WIR is:

1. Add an L-shape robe unit - height of robe close to ceiling height as possible.
2. Add dressing table on right elevation
3. Two slim tall awning windows either side of the dress table
4. Tall mirror on wall near entrance

Design as follows:

Some photos of the display robe

Any thoughts or suggestion welcome!

Omg love your robes!! It's is so luxurious!! My only thought is if you'd want to have doors on some of them. My wardrobe never looks that beautiful and is always quite full, being fully open you can't hide the mess anywhere! But as you have plenty of space it might look great as it does in the display. Great choice

viewtopic.php?t=78985

Thanks Franky!
The master WIR is planned to be for housing formal clothes, accessories and display items. The other robe in the master is intended for everyday clothes and hence has the sliding doors

Haha great plan it is going to look fabulous. I just referred back to your plans and saw the sliding WIR behind the bed

viewtopic.php?t=78985

Orpheus
Hi NRyde, thanks for the feedback unfortunately we don't have space on the side of the house for it
it's a good idea though. I think we have given up on a storeroom to the rear of the garage.

another option to keep the store room and have a decent roof profile is to change from a hip garage roof to a parapet.

this is from a design my parents did with metricon (they didn't end up accepting the tender...)

Hi ausbuster,
You are correct, M also gave us the your suggestion of having a flat roof for the garage but my other half didn't like the idea at all.
my hands are tied!

M has the best designs and finish.

We love Mexican Half Strength Colour for wall. Is it an expensive upgrade. Any comments.

Do you mean Lexicon half strength? It is not an upgrade

viewtopic.php?t=78985

Hi. Has anyone done soundproofing for bedroom with M.thanks.

Quote:
We have received the quote for our lovely WIR in the master bedroom. We have relocated the WC in the room before so now it is completely open space. We have chosen to you robe company called Poliform (Alexandria) who build European style wardrobes.

Hi Orpheus, Could you please share the WIR quote price from Poliform? Thanks!
jomesh007
Hi. Has anyone done soundproofing for bedroom with M.thanks.

We did soundproofing for one bedroom and it costed roughly $1k per room.

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum