Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Clydevale, Clyde North VIC

Page 6 of 6
Clyde North looks like an awesome place to build. Even though I purchased on the opposite side of Melbourne (Mickleham), I'll be following along here as it's giving me a good idea of what to expect as my land doesn't title until May 17.

Keep the updates flowing
We're stage 4! we've had massive delays! our land is 14 x 32 and we paid under 220k sooooooo fingers crossed its all ok! we applied for finance late last year when we were told we were going to title in feb of this year! so now we won't apply again til we're certain the lands about to title.. can't trust what the sales office is saying lately but its so exciting seeing all the houses go up so quick!!
Ahh you should be fine, I'm the last block of stage 3 so my neighbors on my left are stage 4.
I feel really sorry for you guys

The only thing that has annoyed us with the build is that we only have 1 bricky on site everyone else has minimum 3 so ours is extremely slow.

Hi All,
I am new to this forum and just wanted to check if anyone hsa bought land in stage 18A or 18B. I just signed yesterday and realized that there is power line opposite land ( nearly 100 meters)
sachu134
Hi All,
I am new to this forum and just wanted to check if anyone hsa bought land in stage 18A or 18B. I just signed yesterday and realized that there is power line opposite land ( nearly 100 meters)

Yeah i was looking at it too (Buying a land) till i saw the power lines across the fields then decided to go to deleray. It shouldn't be a problem If you going to live near one but i was worried about the land valuation when i apply for a loan. Apparently My Mortgage broker told me he has seen it many times with his other clients sometimes the bank don't take it to account other times they sting you, with my budget i couldn't afford to take a risk for the bank to find any excuses.
We are settling (construction finished) on this weekend.Lots of people have moved in as well so exciting times.
Hi all. I'm dropping in from Delaray.
Hope you don't mind but I'm looking for recommendations of fencers and concreters. Have you used someone who you would recommend? Thanks in advance

Hi Thee, I work in real estate so see a lot of fencing quotes and JFK Fencing is the cheapest I have come across the owner is John (0414741006) and his great, I have never had a problem with his fencing. I will be using him for my fence. You can say he was recommended by Stacey from Grants.

sachu134
Hi All,

I dont think there is a concern when its 100 metres away. I live in Sydney and 5 months ago a home with high tension lines on the front yard 20 metres in front sold for $1.3m. Also I am told there is absolutely insignificant radiation from high tension electricty lines.
amandavee
yeah I know! apparently due to the wet winter its not going to title on time! we'll see what happens though!

we're building the riva 29, Carlisle fixed our site costs at 11k I didn't want to take the risk and not fix it, then for it to blow way over budget.. yeah our conveyancer said our land is quite flat so site costs won't be huge! im just hoping by the time our land titles we no longer need to pay the bush fire levy! save some money where we can haha

woah that seems a it much if you have a flat block! We are building in highgrove with 300mm of fall and out site costs have been locked in at around the 6k mark! I have found that carlisle tend to have a much higher site costs i guess this is where they make their money.
Hi guys
I booked a land in clydevale
And girls are working in the office are so lazy i call them everytime they never answer or respond me back i am really upset ? about that
Suggestions please
amandavee
We're stage 4! we've had massive delays! our land is 14 x 32 and we paid under 220k sooooooo fingers crossed its all ok! we applied for finance late last year when we were told we were going to title in feb of this year! so now we won't apply again til we're certain the lands about to title.. can't trust what the sales office is saying lately but its so exciting seeing all the houses go up so quick!!

Hi Amanda I am also in stage 4 and I can't believe the land is finally about to title however we did receive an unexpected amount on land tax payable of almost $3,000 and we were only told on Friday by our Conveyancers, considering the land was delayed by two years not to our fault this seems realy unfair to me. I was wondering if you also were caught by surprise with this tax? I called the sale office over the weekend and they were vague but said this tax may be scrapped altogether as some contracts had this tax included when it shouldn't have been & more details will be available Monday. Being that title is meant to occur Monday afternoon I dont see this actually occurring. Do you happen to know what is going on ? Thank you.

Hi There,

we booked the land in stage 19. We are not in hurry to build the house. Is anyone here in stage 19? any more updates for stage 19?

thank you.
Related
7/09/2023
Black Main Entrance Door in North East-Facing House

Building A New House

The warning is on the sticker on the door too. Second the aluminium powdercoat

27/09/2023
Custom home builder in north east Melbourne

Building A New House

Hi, can anyone recommend a custom home builder who can build in north east area? Looking to build a custom 4-br energy-efficient home with a max budget of 750k. If they…

11/12/2023
GJ Gardner Homes North East Melbourne

Building A New House

May I ask why you chose not to use GJ Gardiner? I'm actually meeting with one of the sales guys tomorrow for an appointment. Definitely not signing anything yet…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum