Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Lethe's House - Baldivis, Homebuyers Centre - WE HAVE KEYS!!

Page 6 of 6
My site supervisor must be on the ball, my dad just rang to inform me that someone has been by and patched up all the chips in the render and now just needs repainting
good to hear! a lot of the time its tradies pulling their extention cords around the corners and it damages the corners.
Woo Hoo we have a PCI Date the 22nd April

Off to go check out my Paving which was done today

WOw that's great!!!!
Wow your house has really come along very quickly. Looking Great. Love the colours you have picked. We have similar tastes. hope your final part goes smoothly.
Thanks Jibs I hope there is no hiccups on this final stretch

So our paving is done
no more ruining my shoes while walking through a building site. I often wear flats to work and I visit my house everyday on the way home and have become very adept at walking through the sand without acutally getting sand in my shoes, It's all about watching where you take your next step

So on to some pictures

Our front door handle & trilock

Paving

Well we had PCI at 8am today was so excited only to discover that there had been a break in over the long weekend.

Our oven and stove top was stolen and our front door & lock damaged. All done very neatly and we are lucky that our stone bench top wasn't damaged in any way as that would have meant a delay in handover by about 3 weeks. Still we completed our PCI but couldn't test the electrics because they had removed the circuit breakers (or something like that) in order to get our oven out and the SS didn't want to touch it until the police had been.

So apart from all that everything is looking pretty good some minor painting touch ups needed and a few storm water grates to be made level and new outside taps to be installed and we are pretty much good to go
We have a final inspection in 2 weeks on the 7th May to make sure we are happy with everything and then as long as the final payment has been made we should be able to pick up the keys that afternoon
Oh no! What a shame
Makes you wonder if people watch this forum and keep tabs, it wouldn't of been hard to work out where your house was from your posts
Hope they replace is quickly and your back on track with no more troubles!
PCI you must have been super excited!
Sorry to hear that your place was broken into!!
We got our Keys on Wednesday

Have been super busy since then but with the help of a friend have sealed all our walls, took the two of us about 12 hrs to do the whole house which I didn't think was too bad considering that we are complete amateurs.

Planing to paint on the weekend and then move in next week (we have to be out of our rental in 10 days).
hooray for keys!
Yay KEYS

Yay for moving out of renting too!

now you can do things to YOUR home!

pictures on the wall
have a nice garden you care about
not having to clean everything

I am excited for you!
Excellent stuff!! Good luck with moving! Can't wait to see all the pics!!
Yay . We are to chicken to seal our own walls .hear it's a horrible job . But we are painting ourselves . But we have to move in first . I'm not looking forward painting while all my furniture is in . But I'll just have to make do . Good luck in painting . Enjoy your new home .
YAY! Congratulations!
Hi Lethe,
Congratulations on your new home!
I've loved looking back over your forum and reading about your journey.
Hopefully you've moved in and getting settled. Enjoy your new home!
Adrienne - Homebuyers Centre
Related
2/08/2023
victorian homebuyers fund

General Discussion

I havent, and i havent looked to much into it, but on face value its not the saviour its trying to make out to be. Shared equity in your home is never a good idea. The…

15/12/2023
Garage Door Centre Pillar is 2 different levels

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, have purchased a house with 2 single garage doors. The Centre pillar one side sits proud to the other. Can I change 2 doors into one. Please see picture.

13/05/2024
Building a boundary house - up against neighbours house

Building A New House

Good on you for having a go I am the opposite of DIY (so will pay a builder) - our vibe is industrial/simple so current thinking is 150mm concrete and then internally is…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum