Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Monaco after handover ~ Fairmont Homes ~ Front yard

Page 6 of 24
Hi Theresa, yes the framing stage is very exciting - you can finally see your house!! Hope it happens soon
Looks great. Doesn't take them long to get the frame up either. I think ours was done over two days.
Not much has happened since the slab. Just the electrical wiring for the electricity box has been set up outside the bedroom, not the garage as requested. Bit disappointed with that. I think I would've preferred no action at all as opposed to this. Looks like I'll have to follow up with the builder this week
Congrats on your slab
Very exciting. Keep us updated on your progress

Pops xxx
Congratulations on your slab. You've got the same space at the sides of your house as we have. Hopefully your electrical issue is fixed soon.
Theresa
Not much has happened since the slab. Just the electrical wiring for the electricity box has been set up outside the bedroom, not the garage as requested. Bit disappointed with that. I think I would've preferred no action at all as opposed to this. Looks like I'll have to follow up with the builder this week

Sorry to hear that hon. Hopefully they sort it out. Our Electricity Box is on the bedroom side. I wonder if it is just "standard" that it is meant to be near bedroom and someone just didn't read the plans properly and just assumed??? Anyways, dont let them get away it....!!
Love the slab

Hopefully you can get the electrical box position changed ??
tashmarch2009
Theresa

Sorry to hear that hon. Hopefully they sort it out. Our Electricity Box is on the bedroom side. I wonder if it is just "standard" that it is meant to be near bedroom and someone just didn't read the plans properly and just assumed??? Anyways, dont let them get away it....!!

I think they just go to the side of the property that is the least distance from the power pole. The nearest power pole is in front of the bedroom for us. We changed the position of the box to the garage side at the final interview and it was only updated on the final plan, not the final 'electrical' plan that the electrician receives. Have to double check everything!!

BuildingSA
Love the slab

Hopefully you can get the electrical box position changed ??

Thanks BuildingSA. The electrical box position hasn't been corrected. We called the phone number we were given for the Construction Department and the person we spoke to checked with someone and told us it's all OK.
Timber arrived today!! Bricks arrived late last week

looks like they're ready for business
woohoo - so exciting!!!
Won't be long now!!!
when our timber was delivered on a Monday, they started work the following Monday

I believe fairmont claim that frame will commence within 3 weeks of delivery. I hope for your sanity it starts sooner (most cases I think it almost starts straight away, I believe 3 weeks is just to cover their butts)
1stBuildFR
Won't be long now!!!
when our timber was delivered on a Monday, they started work the following Monday

I believe fairmont claim that frame will commence within 3 weeks of delivery. I hope for your sanity it starts sooner (most cases I think it almost starts straight away, I believe 3 weeks is just to cover their butts)

You're the second person I know of who's built/building with Fairmont and it was about a week before they started putting up the frame after it was delivered. That's good to know. I won't get my hopes up that something will happen this week. I guess they need a loo first and that hasn't arrived yet.
Yep no tradies without a loo!
Hey Theresa,

Congrats on the progress. cant wait to see it all framed

Fairmont are good as long as you are building close to town. mum is building a fairmont at Wallaroo at the moment and there has been dramas gallore. Hers even has a stop work order on it from the council. But saying that I know of people building closer to town that have had no dramas. As you said once the frame was delivered it was all up within a week.
ness'n'troy
Hey Theresa,

Congrats on the progress. cant wait to see it all framed

Fairmont are good as long as you are building close to town. mum is building a fairmont at Wallaroo at the moment and there has been dramas gallore. Hers even has a stop work order on it from the council. But saying that I know of people building closer to town that have had no dramas. As you said once the frame was delivered it was all up within a week.

I can wait to see it all framed either
Fingers crossed there's some action when I go past tomorrow

That's no good about your mum's build. Why is there a stop work order on it? Does that mean they're not happy with the workmanship?
apparently the frame workmanship is not good. I'm not entirely sure what is wrong with it but its not Fairmont that are the problem its their carpenter in Wallaroo? And I got a letter in the post for it yesterday from the council that said they have put another stop work order on it because it is a corner block and the builder hasnt designated one driveway for workmen to come in and out of as per the council approval. Apparently someone put in a complaint regarding mud on the road. which is a load of crap because there is no mud on the road because noone has been there since the frame went up, which when the frame went up it was dry and hadnt rained! I think the council is just out to get them on this one.
I love Fiarmonts lans but they have been very slow. Mum signed up for this one May 2010 and I signed with AV's in August 2010. My house is close to completion and hers is only at frame stage.
By the sound of it you havent had the same kind of dramas so it must just be that hers is out of the metro area?

Anyway hope to see some more action on yours soon
:)
ness'n'troy
apparently the frame workmanship is not good. I'm not entirely sure what is wrong with it but its not Fairmont that are the problem its their carpenter in Wallaroo? And I got a letter in the post for it yesterday from the council that said they have put another stop work order on it because it is a corner block and the builder hasnt designated one driveway for workmen to come in and out of as per the council approval. Apparently someone put in a complaint regarding mud on the road. which is a load of crap because there is no mud on the road because noone has been there since the frame went up, which when the frame went up it was dry and hadnt rained! I think the council is just out to get them on this one.
I love Fiarmonts lans but they have been very slow. Mum signed up for this one May 2010 and I signed with AV's in August 2010. My house is close to completion and hers is only at frame stage.
By the sound of it you havent had the same kind of dramas so it must just be that hers is out of the metro area?

Anyway hope to see some more action on yours soon
:)

Oh, your poor mum. Sounds like such a headache for her. Hopefully it gets worked out soon. It’s amazing how the build experience can differ greatly with the same builder. A lot of it seems to come down to the trades assigned to your home. We haven’t progressed very far with construction yet, but so far we’ve been able to avoid any drama like that with the builder so I’m hoping it stays that way.

I went past the block today and noticed a skip had arrived
Oooh a skip's very good - loo won't be far behind
Yes a skip is good - although now your neighbours will start dumping stuff in it! We had people throw stuff on our property 9not even in the skip) like a plastic bag filled with nappies!!
Related
24/01/2024
Bore in front yard

Landscape & Garden Design

there should be ss cable so you can pull up bore pump for service

28/04/2024
Need some front yard ideas!

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all, Need some ideas for my front yard. There are a few elements where the landscaping needs to take into account: There is a slight slope forward with steps going to…

10/06/2024
Doing driveway after handover

Building A New House

Hi All, We are finalising our plans & preliminary tender with Metricon in NSW Central Coast. We need to go through DA process rather than CDC. We're debating whether…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum