Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our custom build in the Barossa - Guided Tour Anyone?????

Page 6 of 25
OK, here are a few selections.....not set in stone but wont vary too mcuh from these.

Bricks - PGH latte
Roof - Colorbond Windspray
Render - ???? Still dont know
Garage - Still dont know - taking suggestions!!!

Kitchen
Cabinets - 2Pac Parchment
Back of Island Bench - Espresso Ligna
Benchtop - Either Essastone French Nougat or Caeserstone Osprey

Bathroom / Ensuite
Cabinets - Espresso Ligna
Benchtop - Either Essastone French Nougat or Caeserstone Osprey
Floor Tile - Actually the one from the pic above (Not sure the name buts its 300x300)
Wall Tile - Gloss white 300x600

What else? Paint - no idea....
Will try and find some links for sanitry ware....
Sink mixer for Bathroom / ensuite

http://www.novetec.com.au/product.asp?brandID=25

Basin - Will be inset (at the 'halfway' point)

Loos - something similar to: they also do one called Oracle......I think I like that one better.

http://www.bathroomaccessoriesonline.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=277

Accessories from Virtu, Circuit

http://starionaust.com.au/consumers/brands/virtu/circit

Kitchen Appliances.....
lve Freestanding - http://www.ilve.com.au/products/showcase/65/90cm
Delonghi rangehood - I htink it's this one.... http://www.delonghi.com.au/products/pro ... =DEBETA90#
Bosch Dishwasher - http://www.bosch-home.com.au/appliances ... rce=browse
Fisher & Paykel Fridge - http://www.fisherpaykel.com.au/product/ ... C345DEADB#

That's about it, still haven't picked shower heads, kitchen mixer.....
Rebecca, the colours you've chose are lovely together and the bathroom fixtures look great too. We were considering the square sink but I'm not sure as I'm not tall and they might be awkward to reach into. I will have to try a few out in display homes

I like your kitchen appliances and had a look on the website you posted for rangehoods (some of the links didn't go to the exact product but the website in general) and they have some double ovens that I like. I have wanted to upgrade to a 900mm oven for a long time; even considered putting one in our current house (until we bought the block). But instead of the one big oven (which I may not always need) I thought I would get one of the double ovens. That way I will use only one for our family but have plenty of room when we have guests. I haven't looked into them yet though.

I mentioned before I looove the Bosch dishwasher, my current one hasn't missed a beat in eleven years, definately will be buying Bosch in the new house

Does your builder have a particular place for you to go to for selections? How much input do they have when you are designing your home and adding features? Our house is on the market now so we are starting to seriously look at builders and working on our house design. We've changed it quite a few times so far and each time it gets better (in our opinion
).
-Deb
Your colour selections are really lovely! Great job
Now that's what I call progress!! Great choices.
I love your selections Bec! Probably becuase they are very similar to mine!

In regards to the render - check out the colour "paperbark" (I think it is a Solver colour). You can get matching roller/panel doors. This is our colour and I think it looks really nice.
Oh, the render is so hard to decide. Good luck with that. We went through so many paint sample pots trying to work it out!!

Love your colours. Looking forward to seeing your build progress.
Hey Rebecca,

wow selections look great! I love the sounds of the 2pac parchment!!!

so in the end did you get to keep the alfresco with the new builder? The plan is great! I love seeing plans that have a bit of imagination!

We had dramas with the 6 star as well. We signed up in August but AV's were slow getting the paperwork in before Sept but they actually admitted fault there without us saying anything.we had to change the window glazing, and the names of some of our rooms?(something about they base the rating on what the rooms are used for and at what time of day) and we had to change the size of our back 2 windows (which suited us anyway). The changes came to around $4000 and they absorbed the costs themselve. I was pretty impressed with the way they went about the whole thing.

Any word on your approval/start date?
WOW Nessa, What an amazing piece of customer service there.....look in the end Rendition have cost us a lot of money and time, but I am so happy to be building with Kersbrook Cons. We cant build our alfresco but we can create an amazing pergola area and I have been doing some research on retractable pergola roofs - so we shall see. Our selections with Kersbrook have been brilliant, we have not gone over guote at all (please note though, we were very thourough with our brief as we had kinda been there done that).

We have received council approval and an email on 14th Feb saying footings contractor is booked in for 6 weeks so that means around....28th March. So we shall see!

Thanks everyone for your comments!!
I don't get it Rebecca - WHY can't you have the alfresco?? Your answer may help with the designing of our house for the 6 star rating.
The issue is heat retention in winter. The Barossa has much colder winters than Adelaiade. So the orientation, window sizes, and sun exposure on those windows mean that the energy efficiency claculations took a dive, and below the treshold for rating 6.

We probably could have changed our design somewhat or reduced window sizes and kept the alfresco but we really didn't want to compromise our views and/or design. This has been our dream, our baby for two years.....
Is it because it is such a deep alfresco? Then the sun would have trouble reaching inside during winter however it would be great for keeping out the summer sun. We plan to have a lot of windows in the living areas which will be north facing and I want an alfresco area too but it wouldn't be as deep as yours. Would they have let you go out as far as the meals area do you think? Are you keeping the verandah area?
Yep, on one side of the coin it would have been great, but on the other, not so.....I dont really understand it any more than that!!!

No idea what would have happened if we reduced it, all I know that if we build a veranda with parapet (fake) walls and movable roof, we should get around the problem. We just decided to take it all out, from footings too, and tackle that issue seperately....we have taken so long already!!!!
WOW Rebecca Looking great I love your selections.
I cant wait for it all to begin for you.
You have to promise lots pf pics.
I have posted a pic of our heater for you on my thread.
We had it raised as they had put it in at floor level and it looked crap and we couldn't put a hearth in.
And having a bad back I wanted to be able to have easy access.
So make sure its in yur contract (we got stuffed around on this and in the end it cose us another $500 for something that was supposed to have been done at the start)

Can we have some mor pics of your land pretty please

Cheers Janet
Thanks for your message Janet!!! I will take some more pics during the week. All our earthworks are now complete, thank GOD!!! That's cost us a small fortune, no a large fortune!!!!

Will check out the heater!!! Thanks!
on Council approval and your selections, everything looks great!!!!!! I can't wait to see some piccies of the progress. How excited are you?
Thanks all!!
We got our huge wad of paper from council today. Wonder how many trees councils go through a year?

Also spoke with builder, slab moved from tentaitve booking to permanent booking in 4-5 weeks time......patiently waiting till then!!

At least I have the rest of my selections to focus on until then!
Yay! Looks like we'll be having our slab parties at the same time!
My slab will be going down in 3-5 weeks time as well. Woohoo!
Congrats Rebecca. Not much longer to wait, though it will probably feel like a long time.
Great news!!
The way this year is flying by it won't be long till you are looking at concrete and then wishing for a frame (like me!).
Related
2/10/2023
Custom build | Facade colours

Building A New House

I'd get the gutters to match your roof and pipes to match the paint - otherwise they become a feature. Nice pick with the paint colours!

21/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Congrats. Will be watching this progress and interested to see how you go with summit.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum