Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Beechwood

Page 6 of 788
Thats great news JacknRuby at least you will have something to look at when you visit your block. I cant wait till I am at that stage,even better till its finished!

Look forward to pics.

Penny
Hi Acrebuild1,

Benching is levelling the land, they do this before they start piering and and excavating.

Exciting stuff starting to happen at last!.
hmmm well I happy to report that after a visit to the block we have a the temp fence and a porta loo
....but no benching as advised by the CSO, now what to do.....do I say something to Beechwood or not......cause they have been untruthful....but on the otherhand we do have action on site.....decisions.....???

Will take some pics on the weekend!!!
Oh, i call that siteworks or earthworks.
Ring Beechwood or email if you have someone you can email. All our stuff was done by email to the site supervisor and a lady in head office so there was a "paper trail". Over 300 emails

Have photos but not much different to the other day but will post on weekend.
But we are nearly there!!!!!
Hi,

Whilst I havent been to the block...my hubby took a pic for me, and we are very excited.

[IMG]

Cant believe you can get so excited over a Porta Loo and Fence.....

Sorry I dont think it worked last post...
How exciting. so very jealous - hopefully that will be us next wee (although we wont be having temp fencing as our 5acres are fully fenced already)
Thanks Acre....I am feel for you

Further good news they did the benching today so site is now ready for form work and slab! I will post pics later!
Hi everyone

How exciting for JacknRuby,
They will be sick of me by the time i finish building I will probably call them every second day! I would be excited to see fencing and port a loo as well.

I thought they signed a 19 week contract is that the case for everyone? or is there something in the contract that they can use to not stick to the 19 weeks?

The way they explained it to me is that the 120 day tender is for drawing plans and Council. The the 19 weeks is for the building.

One can live in hope i guess.

Has anyone built the Genesis series yet ? i am wondering what the tiles are like?
Penny - our build contract is 23 weeks....I too thought 19 weeks but nope and they would budge on it either, we tried for 19.

I have uploaded the Genesis tiles (well a few of them anyway), ask me I might just have a pic, I take pics of everything....LOL, otherwise I get home and forget and imagine something else....

Have to say the selection wasnt too bad....we choose a pretty neutral tile beige, we went to Westside Ceramics in Lansvale I am not sure if you guys have to come there to select, they are pretty good and have a big range to choose, but you do spend more there too.....we picked a feature tile for the bathrooms extra $125 each bathroom.
Penny sorry hit the post button before I finished.....

Just a note with the 120 days tender, we actually got caught out as intitally our land wasnt registered when they prepared the tender therefore couldnt submit to council till regisitration of the land which was 4 months after the last tender, so we got caught with a price rise which was $3k more.....and almost got caught with another one as there was another price rise on the 1/1/11 on the base prices as then had issues in council (nothing to do with beechwood but they dont hurry the council either)so it was in council for 10 weeks instead of the usual 4-6weeks. Our council has online tracking so maybe yours does too and i just logged in each day and watched our application, this how I found out we had an issues so I then called Beechwood to get resolved.
Hi all

We have good news too! We received the commencement letter from our bank on Friday (only took 1 week to get the letter!! yay!), so looks like we'll have some action on our block in the next few weeks! Can't wait for the day we visit our block and see something has happended- so exciting!!!!
Thats great news Melc500

How exciting it will be your turn soon to post pics!

Thanks JacknRuby for the pics and advice. Hope to see pics of your slab finished real soon.

Hope your husband finds the Merlot directions ok and hopefully no one is living in it yet so he can peek inside!

My Tender is in the post and i hope to go pay deposit in a couple of weeks.

Penny
Some news for us - FINALLY our file went to the construction department today and im to call them on Wednesday with a start date.
Does anyone know how long this normally takes, the 28 days is up TODAY so they were meant to have started today.
They got the letter to commence onthe 1st february so my patience is starting to wear very THIN.
Melc - Yey for you, let hopes it all quick from here in....

Acre - Thats kinda of good news for you, Our when to construction 2 days after receiving our letter and that was on the 9/2 and they have just got on site last week, benching done now, now just waiting for confirmation of when piers will be done, but its raining here in Sydney so god only knows....I am praying the rain will stop!

wouldn't they now in breech of the contract? hmmm what to do.....just keep calling or emailing them everyday. I bet your patiences are just about done, mine certainly would be.....Good Luck..

Dont worry I have 150 Tonnes
of dirt to get rid of, after them saying it would be 35tonnes......looks like a expensive little exercise like $4-5k...
Hello,

I'm new to this site and new to the building process! We're building the Cremorne in McKeachie's Run, Aberglasslyn. Has anyone built this house? I'd be interested to see other peoples modifications...

Cheers,

Sarah
jacknruby
Melc - Yey for you, let hopes it all quick from here in....

Acre - Thats kinda of good news for you, Our when to construction 2 days after receiving our letter and that was on the 9/2 and they have just got on site last week, benching done now, now just waiting for confirmation of when piers will be done, but its raining here in Sydney so god only knows....I am praying the rain will stop!

wouldn't they now in breech of the contract? hmmm what to do.....just keep calling or emailing them everyday. I bet your patiences are just about done, mine certainly would be.....Good Luck..

Dont worry I have 150 Tonnes
of dirt to get rid of, after them saying it would be 35tonnes......looks like a expensive little exercise like $4-5k...

jacknruby
put a sign on it free fill and see if you get anyone to come and get it.....you will be amazed to see how many people will want it

Amanda you know the trouble I had with everything in this build....hold them to the 23 weeks contract ours has been over 8 months now....but the finished product is good. Should be finished next week...now the bank is holding back the last payment until the insurance is done.....and the bank is doing the insurance.....catch 22
SarBear, welcome - we are renting just nr mckeachies whilst we are building

I phone them today and the construction dept hadnt received my file but were today! they said i need to call Steve who does the slabs next week with a program (ill be doing in thursday)
Im think im past being patient - its been next week, na, another week, within a fortnight, give it another week, we are a staff member down, please bare with us - it will be atleast another week ...gggrrrrrr

Also those who are not getting the phone connected, Do you still have to organise to have the cables laid?
We haven't got a home phone so we didn't get the cables laid. We were going to but they dug and laid the electricity cable in about 4 hours and didn't tell us what day they were going to do it. So we have no home phone or even the cables to connect the phone.
If you want it done you need to organise for a telstra contractor to come and connect while the trench is open.....good luck with that.
Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum