Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building in Saltwater Coast - Point cook

Page 6 of 27
Hello!

Yet another interesting article on Point Cook.

http://theage.domain.com.au/why-buy-eas ... 1551p.html

Thoughts??
Hi Akiva..yes very exciting..for us as it is our first house..So far so good with big m... I think I can see a lot of swc houses are being build with Simond and porter davis.. Not many henl3y and big m... are being built in swc..

I was actally looking at henl3y.. carlise annd big m..before decided to go with big m... I choose big m becos of its bigger room size plan.. but have very limited design choices between builders as my lot frontage is only 14m..
shells
Hi Shan yes we're on pepperjack way hoping to start building in October all going well, what street are you on?

I m on the same street..Lot 1049...wohooo neighbours
Looking forward to starting building on Pepperjack Way soon ... although we have decided to ditch our original builder and go back to the drawing board, so not sure when that will be now
shelljoy - what made you ditch henley? Have heard mixed reviews on them?
AnDiva
Hello!

Yet another interesting article on Point Cook.

http://theage.domain.com.au/why-buy-eas ... 1551p.html

Thoughts??

I dunno - that's just Melbourne in general I think - we live out in Kew now and it's quite diverse - I don't see it as a bad thing
shells
shelljoy - what made you ditch henley? Have heard mixed reviews on them?

Shells - they were pretty inflexible, and we were very unhappy with the service (and quality of information) that we got out of their administration people ... and these are the people you are relying on to ensure that the house they build is the home you want.

After we had ditched them, we started to hear some very mixed things about them ... so in all, we are relieved.
that seems to be the case with most builders - you're very important until you sign on the dotted line! Then you're just another person on the conveyer belt! It's quite an important proces sso you have to be happy with your builders and their transparency - hope you have better luck with the next one. we're with simonds and they've been pretty good so far...aprt from the site cost clarification issue we had early on.
Hi Saltwatercoasters,
In case anyone is interested and hasn't had the call yet....
Just received a call from SWC sales office saying the stage 10 is titling late this or early next week, so the settlements should be taking place in three or so weeks time.
Dinko
Hi Saltwatercoasters,
In case anyone is interested and hasn't had the call yet....
Just received a call from SWC sales office saying the stage 10 is titling late this or early next week, so the settlements should be taking place in three or so weeks time.

Woww Dinko...i m excited to hear this piece of news...i m on Stage 10 too..and havent heard from them as yet

But thats good if its all happening now..Which street are you on?
we got the call yesterday, too! now all we need is a builder ... egads!!!
shelljoy

Hiya Shelljoy...i thought i read sometime back..you had a builder...what happened?

Ditched them huh...Henley or something. Hope you will find one soon, any short listed? All the best yeah...we just got our decision made..Carlisle it is..after months and months of looking around
selvasha
shelljoy

Hiya Shelljoy...i thought i read sometime back..you had a builder...what happened?

Ditched them huh...Henley or something. Hope you will find one soon, any short listed? All the best yeah...we just got our decision made..Carlisle it is..after months and months of looking around

We ditched Henley - they were pretty inflexible, and were probably going to end up building the house THEY wanted not the house WE wanted.

At the moment we are leaning towards Long Island Homes ... nice boutique builder with a great floorplan - and they don't charge to make minor changes!
Hi coasters,
Would those of you who are building a double storey house (with balcony) mind giving me an insight into an issue regarding front setback?

According to the SWC's design guideline, "front setback minimum 4.5m and maximum 5.0m from the front boundary. roofed verandah / porch elements and eaves may encroach no more than 1.5m into these setbacks.." no question with that bit, but what about balcony? can balcony be regarded as roofed verandah/porch elements?

any input would be appreciated
EmeryBB
Hi coasters,
Would those of you who are building a double storey house (with balcony) mind giving me an insight into an issue regarding front setback?

According to the SWC's design guideline, "front setback minimum 4.5m and maximum 5.0m from the front boundary. roofed verandah / porch elements and eaves may encroach no more than 1.5m into these setbacks.." no question with that bit, but what about balcony? can balcony be regarded as roofed verandah/porch elements?

any input would be appreciated

As far as I know, there's a height limit for the elements that can encroach into the setbacks. Not sure what it is exactly (my drafty mentioned it, but I can't recall), but I have a feeling a height of a balcony would be too high to be allowed to encroach.
Wyndham city council has the res code available for download on their site which might be worth looking at...It's a pretty large .pdf though
Hello there Coasters,

Hows everyone going? Just wondering if anyone from Stage 10 knows the status of the titles...we have not heard anything...wonder what's the delay..
They said to us two weeks ago that they are receiving the compliance from the council mid last week at the latest. We haven't received anything from our conveyancers yet, but hoping to in the next day or so..
For those about to be titled in Stage 10, how far behind/on/ahead of schedule is this from what you were first told? We're in Stage 7 the next stage to be titled after 10 so just trying to gauge if we're likely to start as anticipated in March.

Thanks

Renee
--------------------------------

Building: Newington 40
Estate: Saltwater Coast, Point Cook.
Dinko
They said to us two weeks ago that they are receiving the compliance from the council mid last week at the latest. We haven't received anything from our conveyancers yet, but hoping to in the next day or so..

Hi Dinko, thanks for the info. Did speak to the conveyancer this week and she said the same. But we had issues with our crossover/driveway location as it was different on actual site compared to the plan. Trying to get that sorted, hope they do....
Reenie
For those about to be titled in Stage 10, how far behind/on/ahead of schedule is this from what you were first told? We're in Stage 7 the next stage to be titled after 10 so just trying to gauge if we're likely to start as anticipated in March.

Thanks

Renee
--------------------------------

Building: Newington 40
Estate: Saltwater Coast, Point Cook.

Hi Renee,

We were told initially to expect titles in late Sept/early October, so i reckon probably 4 weeks delay looking at things now..

Hope that helps...

cheers,
shan-t
Related
18/08/2023
Sewer Inspection Point

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi, I have this sewer inspection point sitting in an odd spot in the rear of my yard: https://imgur.com/ghLI98q What I'd like to do is put a firepit in that corner of…

28/02/2024
Air-Conditioning Installers/Suppliers NSW Central Coast

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Anybody know any good and reasonably priced Air conditioning contractors/companies that could install a ducted air conditioning system in the Central Coast NSW for a small…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum