Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Longridge Madison - lalala

Page 6 of 58
LOVE the front door! So where were the doors? taken back to the factory.?
The builder will have insurance (or the house company) wont cost them anything to replace a damaged window that someone other than the owners did..
make sure they cough up. Wont be out of their pocket...why they are taking so long to sort it I dont know. Tell em to hurry up cos you dont want a sour taste re window frame when you get to lock up.
You want to feel sooo excited you will burst and this window pane being there still, will not give you that feeling.
kick some butt!
I love it too!!!

BUT... Today only gets better =)))

Firstly, we have lock up! Secondly, we discovered this afternoon the reason why they were so desperate to find those missing doors and get to lockup:

my oven tower!! Yum =))))))))))))

Laundry cupboards =))) That's the linen and broom cupboards lining one wall. The opposite wall has benchtop going along the whole wall with trough dropped into the bench, small amount of storage and front loader washing machine under the bench top.

The laundry bench top is lined up in with that lot =)

Tonight when we visited we were completely locked out, so here's a couple of snaps =)

In my excitement, I forgot to answer some of these =)

kiwi
LOVE the front door! So where were the doors? taken back to the factory.?
The builder will have insurance (or the house company) wont cost them anything to replace a damaged window that someone other than the owners did..
make sure they cough up. Wont be out of their pocket...why they are taking so long to sort it I dont know. Tell em to hurry up cos you dont want a sour taste re window frame when you get to lock up.
You want to feel sooo excited you will burst and this window pane being there still, will not give you that feeling.
kick some butt!

The doors were never delivered. It seems the SS just got in a panic and decided to call me looking for them instead of trend windows (who made them). Thing is, at the time we specifically asked him about those doors and said that only the bedroom sliding door had been delivered, but all flyscreens (including the sliding door ones!!) were onsite. He said that none of the sliding doors or screens should have been delivered, then promptly took away the screens (but left the glass sliding door on our bedroom).

As for the window - if it doesn't look brand spanking new upon handover, they certainly will have a fight on their hands. Bit late on the lockup since that has now been achieved, but they can still replace the window.

I'm planning to give him another week and then ask what decision has been made with regards to the window frame. That way he has had 2-3 weeks to process, decide and plan for the repair/replacement and he should be able to give me answers - but it still also allows him the time to be able to organise it prior to handover if he hasn't gotten that far yet.
Hello,
Just want to say your house is coming along beautifully, love the floorplan!!
All that entertaining area.. your gorgeous daughter is going to have a ball growing up with all that space for parties ;P
Can't wait to see the finished product!!
All the best.
Laney
buiLdinGdReamS
Hello,
Just want to say your house is coming along beautifully, love the floorplan!!
All that entertaining area.. your gorgeous daughter is going to have a ball growing up with all that space for parties ;P
Can't wait to see the finished product!!
All the best.
Laney

Thanks!!! We love it =) Alyssa gets really excited already when we go around to see it. She has just started saying "house", so every time we start driving down our new street she's yelling "OUR HOUSE! OUR HOUSE!!" - just beautiful =)

latest update:

The doors and benchtops are yet to be put on, but OMFG it's awesome!

Inside the pantry - this is the appliance cupboard.

Looking back out to the kitchen through the appliance door

Looking out to the kitchen from the pantry door

The original "appliance cabinet" supplied by the builder - this will be for our sauces and oils that we use for cooking

And looking again at our kitchen =)))
looks fantastic!
whoaoao!
your kitchen is gonna look tops, as is you whole house i think, awesome design and by the looks of it lots of natural light, good stuff.
My face hurts from way too much smiling! Am so rapt =)

hoff - LOTS of natural light. We put a lot into the design to get that right =) And all our colours are white on white (although with a black mirror splashback and dark grey floor tiles), so it should be all really bright!

I can't wait to move in!

I should have ensuite and bathroom and laundry cupboards all installed by the end of tomorrow. Maybe by today - depends if he fills out all the kickboards and finishes first or does all the base cabinet installs then goes back over everything to pretty it up. I can't wait to get back there for another look!

=)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

oh my cheeks ache!
I am soooooo envious. Everything looks great and I can't help wishing we were at your stage. Patience, patience, patience.

Blessings to you
Looks fantastic, loads of storage space

Can't wait to see the finished product !
So envious of all your drawers
Your home is looking great so far!!!
Hey SW - Have watched your thread and your house is beautiful - your little one is a star only slightly outdone today by that kitchen..... looks great - green with envy re appliance cupboard and the great planning
kitchen looking FABULOUS!!! Glad to see its gone up so quick since being delivered too (mine was delivered today so hopefully I'm not far behind!)
The wonky wall with my ensuite cabinets installed - the wall still needs to be fixed and the cabinet finished off.

The ensuite cabinets

The main bathroom vanity cabinets (very similar to the ensuite!)

The bathroom linen cupboard

standing in the pantry looking out the roller door out to the kitchen

Standing in the kitchen looking at the roller door into the pantry

With the roller door closed =)

All the drawers (and my beautiful girl!)

The darker coloured piece is the laundry bench top - the only bench so far delivered as everything else is essa stone (to be delivered later)
OMG - I want that kitchen!!!
It's going to look fabulous!

The ensuite wall isn't crooked if you just lean a bit to the left...
What's up with that? Did the framer leave his level home that day?
kek - tell me about it!! Thing is, it wasn't wonky when it was framed. We even had an independent inspector come and check things, and it just wasn't crooked!! The bases needed to be redone as they'd used wood down to the bottom in a wet area, and needed to change it to a non-decomposable material (ie, concrete). It was at this time that the lean showed up. I can't believe that the plasterers actually plastered it, though! They were FABULOUS about everything else, I would have thought they'd just flag this to the builder and not do it until the wall was fixed.

Apparently the carpenter is due back in a week(ish), and he should fix it at that time. I hope it doesn't knock us off schedule too far - I wanna move in NOW!!! =))
Great kitchen area - so much space! It's looking good
Wow!!! That looks so great
I love your appliance cupboard idea. And the ensuite cabinetry looks so nice and spacious. You've given me a taste of what I can hopefully expect to see at my place tomorrow
The big picture

The kitty litter area - we are hoping that the panel in front will stop most of the kitty litter spread that happens from overzealous cats kicking around a little too hard!

The trough will sit into the only cabinet in this wall, which also acts as a barrier between the kitty litter and where the washing machine and laundry hamper will live.

The great wall of storage!! Broom cupboard at the start, then linen cupboard for the length of the laundry. I am making up for lack of linen cupboard in our place in Canberra!!
Wow Somewoman, what great progress - kitchen, vanities, laundry fit out. I can feel your excitement.
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum