Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Somerfield Estate Keysborough

Page 6 of 119
Where was the ashfelt layed which stage??
josie
Where was the ashfelt layed which stage??

stages 1a/b/c i beleive.

'only where all the crossovers & footpaths have been complted'
has anyone who selected cat2 of roof from pd got the developer's approval ?
due to travel, I have to delay the tender appointment with pd. If this, upgrade price like brick, cabinets in the quotation will be changed or not?(I know the basic price and promotion price are fixed, but i am not sure upgrade price)
Hi all im new to all of this just came across this forum, so i thought ill join up
me and my partner have brought in stage 1d im on Clarendon drive.i cant wait to start building. drove past the other day and it starting to look really good.
1J titles now expected september :/
Just recived letter from Greater Dandy, saying that i have to pay Infrastructure Levy of $333 for somerfield community.
If i dont pay it, i will not granted a bulding permit.
Does any1 have to pay infrastucture Levy?
Jason_HT
Just recived letter from Greater Dandy, saying that i have to pay Infrastructure Levy of $333 for somerfield community.

We are not up to that stage yet but from the looks of it, it will be applicable to all of us fellow Somerfielders.

Just did some research on the city of greater dandenong website and this is the link:

http://www.greaterdandenong.com/Documen ... cture+Levy
katmeow
Jason_HT

We are not up to that stage yet but from the looks of it, it will be applicable to all of us fellow Somerfielders.

Just did some research on the city of greater dandenong website and this is the link:

hmmmm i havnt received anything & my builder has council & south east water permits already, thats bazZar.
ucacrx
katmeow
Jason_HT

hmmmm i havnt received anything & my builder has council & south east water permits already, thats bazZar.

i wonder whether ur builder has included that charge in ur permits fees and paid for the levy already?
Hi All,

Yeah, we got a letter from City of Dandy - I think it is for the neighbourhood community center that is supposed to be built near the shops & school.

We also got a letter from South East Water saying the recycled water won't be connected until 2012, and that to keep the recycled water pipes working in the mean time (the purple marked ones) they will be carrying normal water until it is properly connected. Haven't spoken to our builder yet about that - I wonder if that means they will have to come back and change the pipping later?

~Kara & Andrew~
Yup we got the letter yesterday as well. Spoke to our builder and was told to go pay and get copy of the receipt etc so there wont be delay when they apply for the building permit.

And so i went to the council office today and no one knows what to do. They vaguely remember there was something new about this levy thingy but not sure how to process the payment and i was told to go back during mon-fri so they can contact some other department for assistance that of course doesn't work on weekends. Hmmphh not happy but luckily the people i spoke to were very friendly and nice, and at least admit they weren't sure how to process it rather than doing it incorrectly and causing more problems later.

Anyway just wanted to put this up so that you'll know to go during weekdays when paying the levy-at least for now, until the officers are properly trained.
Jason_HT

hello there,

yes u have to pay it, i paid it already, i am in stage 1C, stafford street.
KJ_and_AJ
Hi All,

Yeah, we got a letter from City of Dandy - I think it is for the neighbourhood community center that is supposed to be built near the shops & school.

We also got a letter from South East Water saying the recycled water won't be connected until 2012, and that to keep the recycled water pipes working in the mean time (the purple marked ones) they will be carrying normal water until it is properly connected. Haven't spoken to our builder yet about that - I wonder if that means they will have to come back and change the pipping later?

~Kara & Andrew~

I believe this just means, instead of having the third pipe rust away, they will use normal water thru the 3rd pipe for toilet use etc. And when the recycled water comes into use, they will automatically switch it to recycled water. The builder should not have to change anything once its installed. Knowing South East Water tho, they'll charge you for ...connection of recycled water....or something like that.
lux
Jason_HT

hello there,

how did u make the payment, lux?
we went to the council office yesterday as told and guess what? the person (apparently only ONE person) in charged wasnt working yesterday and we were told AGAIN to go back on wednesday or we could maybe call and speak to the person directly first.

gosh, anyone else having the same luck as us? this is getting really annoying
katmeow
lux
Jason_HT

hello there,

how did u make the payment, lux?
we went to the council office yesterday as told and guess what? the person (apparently only ONE person) in charged wasnt working yesterday and we were told AGAIN to go back on wednesday or we could maybe call and speak to the person directly first.

gosh, anyone else having the same luck as us? this is getting really annoying

Ken Killing is in charge of payment, i got his direct number, is 9238 1529, u can pay through phone or he will send u invoice to your address.
And the main person in charge of infrastructure is Ameen and he number is 9239 5100
hope this would help.
thanks for the info-Jason_HT.

we will try and contact the person directly tomorrow then. thanks again
Quote:
i wonder whether ur builder has included that charge in ur permits fees and paid for the levy already?

after several calls during the week i found out my builder has incorporated this fee into my site costs during permits required with council for my extended garage on boundry
found a couple artist impression pics of Somerfield,
& a video link.

http://www.somerfield.com.au/video.html

Was there anything in anyones contracts about the infrastructure levy? It is one thing after another!
Our Victorian Blue bricks were rejected by Somerfield. They arent even that blue!!!

I bet it was just the "victorian" in it and its like....no you cant have anything victorian style.
Related
26/05/2024
Estate restricting lot owners installing rolling shutter

Renovation + Home Improvement

A lot of those Covenants are put in place at the time the Developers are still involved and marketing a certain look and they get ignored or expire after a time. If the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum