Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Masterton Homes - The new thread

Page 6 of 123
DRAM - sorry to hear of your struggle. Can Masterton be held responsible if you don't make your FHOG on time?

Lizzy - that's odd that you can't get an appointment. I'd like to say don't stress too much as I don't think it matters how soon you do it BUT if you are relying on working it into your budget then it would be better to be done sooner rather than later to know what you're working with. How long has it been since colours? Ours was a 4 week difference.
Hey all,
It has been a good day for us today, we received plans of pegout from sewer which showed us zone of influence to only affect a small area at back of house.

We also received our basix certificate which does not state too much at all that doesn't seem normal apart from the fact that it says we have to have 100% water harvest from roof to recycled water but I'm just hoping that that is only written in as a standard thing as we have recycled water in the area.

We were worried about what basix would come back with as we apparrently did the big no no in choosing a "dark" coloured brick with a dark coloured roof. So we are happy that we have not been forced to do window tinting or sarking but just hoping we don't have to have a water tank and recycled water.
Anyone got any thoughts on that?

Also, it seems as though all we have to do now is sign a contract to get everything into council which is exciting. Our deadline is 3rd october so with a bit of luck we'll get into council before then
lizzy stardust
DRAM, I totally understand your frustration. Although not quite under the same time pressure, I can't believe we can't even get anyone to talk to us about electricals! I'm happy for them to have so much business because hopefully it means there's no risk of them going under like some of the other builders, but when it means that you're so busy you can't even provide the service that your customers have paid for... well... methinks there's a flaw in that plan.

Thanks Lizzy! Looks like we just need to wait for their reply and hope they'll sort those things out.

Badh - I don't think that masterton can be held responsible if we don't meet the FHOG deadline. But what I can do is to write a complaint letter to the manager about the slackness of my CSC. Fingers crossed hope we could get the result from them asap.

Bexi - That's great hope you get an approval of your BASIX because we are also getting a dark colour roof & bricks.
Hi Guys
Made it through the contract stage now (old system) so now into construction stage.
Just waiting on that fence and Portaloo, which are tempoary standard inclusions.

It has be a long time and judging by what BADH is going through now, it seems to be worth it.
Contract in before the FHOG boost ends. They got rid of me now so it means one less person to compete for tenders and drafting etc, so hopefully things start moving for you guys.

Lizzy the electrical lady is pretty busy and she will get you in, we wait about 3 weeks after colour room.
EmoH - congratulations! Hope it all goes smoothly for you from here on. I understand electricals are busy and I don't mind waiting a month or so if that's their timing - I'm just frustrated that we can't even talk to anyone about arranging the booking! Our CSC told us she's been in touch with her a couple of times... I suppose it's all about managing customers' expectations. If they said to us when we did colours that the next step would take a while, we'd be fine.

So, this is my final whinge on the matter. I promise! LOL

Bexi - congratulations on getting through BASIX unscathed.
Lizzy - you hit the nail on the head.
The communnication is terrible.
We all go through every day waiting for our phone to ring or for an email to say that somehting has been done because noone will give us any idea of how things happen.
You wouldn't believe it but yesterday my sales guy asked me to write an email to say how good he has been!
I didn't know what to say as my experience has been terrible. Maybe it just shows how bad things can get as he was telling me how lucky I am to be up to the stage i'm up to, even though i'm only 3 weeks out from going over 90 days and havn't got a contract to sign yet!

I work as a sales rep and I know how hard I have to work to get my customers respect. I believe masterton make very very little effort!
Bexi
Lizzy - you hit the nail on the head.
The communnication is terrible.
We all go through every day waiting for our phone to ring or for an email to say that somehting has been done because noone will give us any idea of how things happen.
You wouldn't believe it but yesterday my sales guy asked me to write an email to say how good he has been!
I didn't know what to say as my experience has been terrible. Maybe it just shows how bad things can get as he was telling me how lucky I am to be up to the stage i'm up to, even though i'm only 3 weeks out from going over 90 days and havn't got a contract to sign yet!

I work as a sales rep and I know how hard I have to work to get my customers respect. I believe masterton make very very little effort!

Well said.
What is the average roof sarking cost ?

Thanks
$2040 for santorini

vincy

Thanks
Thanks EmoH....

everything is adding up quick

The surveyors was onsite today..so hopefully we'll see the plans soon...
Another question...with the mortar joints (flush, round iron, racked) are they all included in the price ?

Thank you in advance.
yes vincy, all included... just choos your style.
I think from memory we chose flush so that if our brick colour goes out of date, it's easier to render/bag
Thanks Bexi, that is great
We are going with racked or iron...depending on brick we pick, there is 2 we like..both dark in colour.....
vincy

Thanks

EmoH
$2040 for santorini

Hmmm... interesting. Ours was $2328 for the Santorini.

Bexi

Bexi - what an awkward situation to be put in! It would be great if we could be honest with our feedback about the service we're getting but I always have the fear that it will backfire down the track as we still have so far to go in the process! You can be sure once it's all over we have a well documented list of issues we intend to raise with them.
Just had a look at our Council's DA site. We were approved on Tuesday. Yay!!!
Congrats Lizzy!! That's one of the hardest parts over!!! Woohoo!!!!!!
Lizzy - bloody marvellous!!

I'm Jealous

Congratulations EMOH on getting to construction stage.

For those that have got through contract stage, have any been able to avoid price rises or is this something to expect and plan for ?
Congratulatuions Emoh on getting through the minefield and into construction. Looking forward to seeing your new home being built. Somehow we managed to get through without any price rises.

Lizzy, won't be long and you will be starting as well.Our sarking cost was $2331.

Bexi - we also had to have 100% of the roof to go to the tank and pay for the privilege $160. Not sure where you live but we are in the country.

R
Hi All!

Everyone seems to be going great guns! People in and out of Council! Congrats! Slabs being laid! Wahoo!! We've been a little busy ourselves... check out my thread for the "latest set of plans" and we now have contracts! Hopefully signing on Monday

Bexi - our 100% rainwater collected ($180) plus 2 stormwater overflows cost a further $960.

Vincy - our external wall sarking for the Fernleigh 36 (2 storey) $2478

I would think that its always best to factor in a price rise - most of us have had to cop it and I suppose its always better to have money "left over" to use for something else than try to scrounge more up....
Related
31/03/2024
Masterton Homes Hydraulics

Building A New House

Thanks again. I will ask Masterton if they do this.

22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum