Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Hamilton 278 - Update

Page 6 of 6
Gosh that certainly does sound strange.

So what did your SS say ? I hope it's something you don't have to pay for.
-Rebekah-
Gosh that certainly does sound strange.

So what did your SS say ? I hope it's something you don't have to pay for.

Strange indeed. We will try and get it sorted tomorrow (fingers crossed) because the slab is due to go down on Thursday woohoo!
Hey Ozzy, just reading about your recycled water problem and I noticed a pic on your blog of your hubby with the purple piping. Isn't that your recycled water? Sorry I'm no expert but I thought the recycled water came through a purple pipe and that looks like it could be it. Just a thought I could be wrong
Yes it is.

Apparently the council didn't include grey water on our house plans. So, the plumber has attached all the pipework today. They didn't include it in the cost of the house build so .... we have to fork out extra for it at the end of the build as a variation. Not happy, they have build 3 other houses on the estate so they must have known about it but failed to tell us till the last minute. I am not going to dispute it now as it may hold up the house build.

On a more positive note, we have had a team of men on site today getting ready for the slab tomorrow. It looks impressive already. I am going to get up early and go before work as they were on site at 6am today, and they might be again tomorrow.

I will post some pictures up on the blog tomorrow.
ozzybird
On a more positive note, we have had a team of men on site today getting ready for the slab tomorrow. It looks impressive already. I am going to get up early and go before work as they were on site at 6am today, and they might be again tomorrow.

I will post some pictures up on the blog tomorrow.

Happy slab day for tomorrow, how exciting! Cant wait to see pics
Yesterday was slab day
I decided to take a drive by at about 7am and there they were, all busy laying OUR slab. I drove back down there after work and had a walk round it, it looks huge! It is so nice to be able to see where everything is and see it actually sitting on the block.

Check out the blog for pictures ....
Well today we went a put a deposit on our floor tiles. The guy at the shop suggested leaving my splashback tiles selection until the kitchen is in, that way he can give a few samples to try against the kitchen.

We also payed for our three pendant lights that will be over the kitchen benchtop.

It's certainly all go in our house
Oh very exciting

Congratulations on our slab. I'll have to do a drive by

So which lights did you decide on to go over your kitchen ? I'm going to go shopping for mine in the post xmas sales LOL
Thank, it seems a bit more real now.

We brought the pendants that I said before. They are the only lights that we have brought, we will wait like you and get the rest in the sales.
First of all we had a call from Coral to wish us a Merry Christmas

Then yesterday we had a call from a lady at Telstra after they were contacted by our site supervisor. They asked us if we wanted them to start the cabling for our phone lines, which they do in 3 stages. Cost $165 payed to Telstra.

Stage 1 - A lead in (trench from house to boundary line, laying conduit, connect cable to pit.

Stage 2 - Pre-wire (first telephone point to kitchen, extra $99 inc GST for extra points elsewhere in the house).

Stage 3 - Fit off (when house is complete they put phone sockets on walls and do the grey Telstra Madison box outside the house.

Final thing is for us to contact our service provider when it is all done.

Next, we have had a quote for our other retaining wall (rock). It needs to be 1.8m at the highest point. Quoted $9000
but will do $6000 for cash. And they can do it before Coral return from their Christmas break. Does this cost sound about right?
It's been a while but alot has been happening.

Frame has gone up, roof is almost finished (MONIER CAPER roof tiles.... I have put this because when I was looking I couldn't find anyone who had chosen to do a Caper roof), windows and doors are in, phew that's alot since I last posted

We now have a bath, grey water piping, alarm wiring, grey water wiring and plumbing being nearly done or have been done.

Met with the electrician yesterday ..... $2500 later we have sorted out all powerpoints, lights etc. This includes provision for a future pool and lighting, all outside lighting as well as fan installation.

Teltra have been on site to do their thing but will be back on Friday because we forgot to add a telephone point for the alarm.

Been informed by the site manager that the gyproc (not sure how it's spelt) starts on monday, bricks are being delivered tomorrow ... this takes around 5-7 days to complete.

Gawd, looking at all that lot we have been busy, or rather Coral have.

Take a look at the blog for pictures, more will be added this weekend.
All moving so quickly now .....

Kitchen/Ensuite and bathroom cupboards has been delivered

Our wet area tiles will start being layed on Monday

House has been rendered and all internal doors have been delivered.

AND .... we cannot get in without a key

Photos will be posted to the blog this weekend.
wow so much happening now!!! Not long now!
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum