Join Login
Building ForumIntroductions

Hi from Development Obsessed!

Page 1 of 1
Hi Everyone,

Dropping in to say Hi & introduce myself.

I wanted to touch base with like minded people in the building industry & hope I can find the right topic area to ask the right questions.

I'm currently in the middle of a duplex project aka I've gotten as far as waiting for another quote from a builder & potentially meet people on here for future projects.

Thanks
Nic
Hi 66z
I am wrapping up a triplex in Nollamara in perth
ie Design,Engineering & Quants
for tendering..The numbers are yielding around 15% ROI
Things are tight at the moment here in perth..build rates have dropped..
Where Are You Building?
Homeone It would be great if there was a heading for Property Developments?
Cheers
Hi StructuralBIMguy

It's tight here in Sydney too. With appraisals I'd be looking at 12% ROI - it's a tough game.

I was looking for one! Maybe we should start it.
66Z
Unfortunately, Small Developers won't be entering back into the market any time soon
Until, Councils, State government & Regulators start reducing their charges and taxes
Zoning Rules Cost Home buyers a Fortune
LOL Maybe we should call this section
Developers & Punters... (Give us an even break!)
A gig with no Jig
StructuralBIMGuy
@66Z
Unfortunately, Small Developers won't be entering back into the market any time soon
Until, Councils, State government & Regulators start reducing their charges and taxes
Zoning Rules Cost Home buyers a Fortune
LOL Maybe we should call this section
Developers & Punters... (Give us an even break!)
A gig with no Jig

Hahaha a worthy topic title!
The fees & overall costs involved are extreme & people wonder why real estate is so expensive here. I've just found out from CBA that they wont lend to anyone who hasn't completed 3-4 projects previously so those of us who want to be entrepreneurial will find it had through mainstream means.
We did get a small break here in NSW. As of July our medium density can be certified privately from start to finish so we can avoid lengthy (ultimately costly) delays with councils.
Related
You are here
Building ForumIntroductions
Home
Pros
Forum