Join Login
Building ForumIntroductions

Hi From Griffith NSW

Page 1 of 1
Hi My name is Simon,
we are about to move into our New Dennis Family Home. Its our first time building, I am glad we are coming to the end of it! This forum has been a great reference during the building - I thought it was time to stop lurking!

For a crust I would for a large Australian Steel company in sales - mainly selling concrete reinforcing mesh and all varieties of fencing!

Regards
Simon
Hi Simon

Welcome to the Forum

I'm building with DFH myself - not too far off plastering and having Big Kev do my inspection - just have to stop playing phone tag with him

Congratulations on the soon to be move. What home did you build with them?
Hi Simon, welcome to the forum!

Nearly finished building…..bet that’s a relief for you!

You wouldn’t work for BHP/Bluescope would you?
Hey Simon, welcome to Homeone.

Glad to have another lurker come out of the closet...

Have fun and even though you are nearing the end of your build, we hope to be of assistance in anyway we can....even if it is to hassle you for more pictures....which seems to be the norm.....LOL ,cause we're all sticky-beaks!!!

But seriously, have fun and welcome again!
Welcome Simon! I've only been to Griffith once but absolutely loved it!

Is La Scala (the italian restaurant where you have to walk downstairs) still there?
Hi and welcome, did anyone mention we like pics??

Hi,
Building the Maquarie out of the Generations range, which is essentually a cheaper version of the Flinders 270 (few windows/lights less etc)
We chose the Villa Facade, would have loved the provincial but we were under $$$ constrictions.
We basically chose the base house with very little in the way of upgrades
mainly just basics such as flyscreens/floor coverings etc.
Organised all external concreting ourselves - will be spray paving after handover
Organised al fencing ourselves, all adjoining blocks unsold DFH wanted arounf 3 times what I could buy fencing for and put it up myself.

Hi Michelle,
No I don't work for bluescope - I work for Smorgon Steel Reinforcing - who are now a subsiduary of OneSteel!
Related
You are here
Building ForumIntroductions
Home
Pros
Forum