Join Login
Building ForumIntroductions

West Aussie

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Finally bit the bullet and am building my first home

Purchased a lot in Whiteman edge, Building with homebuyers centre.
Been a very stressful week so far... long way to go.

Enjoying the forum so far!
Thanks,
Marty
Hi Martyjm welcome to the forum.
Have you decided on a plan yet? We loves pics
Hi Marty,

My husband and I have also bought in Whiteman Edge and are building with Homebuyers Centre! We have just received land title, so hopefully the process will start soon. We have found Homebuyers Centre to be exceptional so far. Good luck to you neighbour!
Hi Marty! Welcome!!!

Treeseachanger
We loves pics

yes we do!!
Hi Marty welcome ... Were building down the road in Avonlee look forward to following your build !! Would love to see your plans !!
How did i miss this?! Im building in whiteman edge too!
what stage are you up to? We are waiting on working drawings at the moment then have to hurry up picking our colours etc before prestart!
Hello everyone, Thanks for the welcomes.

I only have a very basic plan atm, will try to post below.
It is based on homebuyers Riva, with one of the bedrooms converted into a theatre room with sunken floor.
My block is in stage 4 on Calverley Road, expecting titles Jan/Feb.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Looks awesome!
friends from work are building with homebuyers and like urself have to wait on titles...but homebuyers get as much done as possible prior so that you can start as soon as titles are issued
not all builders will do that...
You're expecting your titles around the same time as we are!
Hopefully our build will keep pace with yours...and we'll both be finished before the winter rains
Hi Marty,

We're building with Homebuyers Centre (signed our PWC on Nov 14). Do you already have your pre-start selections book? If so, would you be able to give us a run down of the various suppliers and inclusions that come as standard? We're building the Ultimate Entertainer in Wellard, but will have to wait a few more weeks before we get our book. We'd like to know what product lines are standard. For example, Boral Bricks Pavers (Ezi-Pave, Pavestone, etc).

Also, are you able to comment on some of your inclusions and any decisions you've made with respect to lighting, flooring, tiles, cabinets, kitchen layout, etc.

Thanks!
Hi Nitro

Yes I have got my prestart folder.. Unfortunatley it has only made me more confused

While it does list some items that are either standard or upgrade a lot of of the folder basically directs you to visit their suppliers for more information (crosby tiles/european ceramics. laminex/formica. trevors carpets/carpet call.)

Paving has a list of choices through Austral brick for clay pavers, boral brick for 'Masterpave' cement pavers or Brikmakers for 'vistapave' granite pavers.

Face bricks are from Austral or Boral, all single course bricks... (this may be different for differnt houses they offer?)
Other than that there is monier prime for roof tiles and usual colorbond colours for metal roofing/gutters/garage doors etc. (garage doors are through 'GDI' and standard profile is 'horizontal futura woodgrain')

Inclusions wise I have stone bench tops and 900mm wide appliances.
As far as decisions I have yet to make any.. really need to look at more display homes for inspiration.

Hope this helps
Thanks for the info! Looking forward getting our booklet soon. We've been looking at heaps of online display homes form various Perth builders and some over East as well. Colours, styles, surfaces, lighting, etc. Each time you look, you're looking at something different--photo of a kitchen might have a great mixer tap, but the rest is awful. We're just surfing for ideas, but obviously Homebuyers will have entry-level inclusions. Within those limits though, we think we can do pretty well to create a stylish home. And we have no concerns about the build quality since Homebuyers is part of the ABN group, basically the most respected home building group in WA.
Hi guys,

We built with homebuyers centre in baldivis 3 years ago.

Marty - our Wir and ensuite was similar to yours. If I can give you one piece of advice, move the window so it isn't in your toilet. This is our biggest regret, ours is in the toilet and our bathroom is so dark!!!!

Also don't worry about upgrading easy stuff at Prestart. We could upgrade to rain showers etc and the price was ridiculous, we went to bunnings and bought them for $30 each after we moved in and hubby installed them. From memory is was $10 per Power point to upgrade from single to double so that was def worth doing at Prestart.
Hi guys,

Lovely to hear about your builds
My partner and I are building our first home in Whiteman Edge, on Mayfield Drive just down the road from you Marty. Your plans look great by the way!! Our titles are expected some point next week so fingers crossed!! I think we were in stage 4 also, so your titles may be very similar to us - i've just contacted the land agent who informed me end of next week. Its been a long waiting period since Nov, so eager to see some movement on the build!! Were building with Blueprint
Any advice from anyone would be much appreciated ...

Kate
Hi CalandKat (and other Whiteman Edgers!), I'm on Mayfield Drive too (stage 1 though) - feel free to come and say G'day to a future neighbour if you like.
Just PM me and I'll give you the house number. If you think November to now is a long wait, try May 2011 (that's when I signed my contracts) to May 2012 for Titles, and then I just got the keys last Thursday - nearly 2 years wait all up! The best advice I can give you is to keep on at your builder, keep pushing them to get things done. It still took 5 months for my slab to go down after Titles were issued and that was despite the builder having 12 months to get ready - I wasn't very impressed. Mind you I built with a different builder and they dragged their feet through out the whole process, it was enough to put me off building again! I hope your experience is much better than mine. Cheers, Jas.
Omg 2 years ranger thats crazy were living with family during our build and have been here almost a year ahhh i just cant wait to get out. I already love the sense of community our estate has with these forums.
I have Theatre Envy

Good Luck with your Build
Mitchandamy
Hi guys,...
Also don't worry about upgrading easy stuff at Prestart. We could upgrade to rain showers etc and the price was ridiculous, we went to bunnings and bought them for $30 each after we moved in and hubby installed them. From memory is was $10 per Power point to upgrade from single to double so that was def worth doing at Prestart.

Good advice. Only upgrade on items that are costlier and harder to add later. As far as electrical plans it's wise to spend some money now, extra data points, double pps on inner walls, etc (you can add more pps on outer walls without a big cost). We upgraded our brick and added a wider verandah on a previous house, never regretted it.
Related
You are here
Building ForumIntroductions
Home
Pros
Forum