Join Login
Building ForumIntroductions

Our first build- A family home :)

Page 1 of 1
A first post from a long time stalker! We are a family of 3- DH, myself and DS 16 months
We bought a block over 12 months ago, 2.5 acres of bushland on the Midnorth Coast of NSW. We are at tender stage with a franchise builder, just going through the process of soil tests, bushfire assessments etc before we sign contracts.

I came accross H1 in a google search somewhere along the way, and have been researching madly on here for months. It has been an invaluable tool in preparing me for dealing with all aspects of building so far, so thank you to everyone for sharing your stories and knowledge! My DH is always teasing me for quoting things I have read on here! On the other hand he is grateful that it has helped me to fine tune our floor plan and choose our colours without him having to have much of an input
He has his shed up already on the block (16m x 11m!) so he is content to let me loose on the house...

Looking forward to starting a thread once we have made our final colour selections etc. We have also been renovating our first home over the last 5 years so I might post a few pics of our reno before we sell up too.
Very much looking forward to sharing our story, and following everyone elses build! Will be so nice to talk to people who share an interest, instead of boring friends and family to tears. They just don't get it, do they??

Jess
Hi Boganswife (love the username
) welcome to H1 and it's great that you signed up after reading along for a while.

It is a great forum and a wealth of knowledge.

Looking forward to following your build and also seeing your renos
Welcome Jess!
Thanks Hels & Deemaree!

I will have to get some pics together and start a reno thread. Need something to distract me until my build starts!
welcome and well done on the reno and I look forward to seeing your new build.

my hubby was grateful for this forum too....he didnt have to decide anything either!!

good luck and all the very best
Thanks Kiwi! I have had a read of your thread, very entertaining! Your home is beautiful, the view is spectacular!

Thanks for the welcome
hope you didnt read it....just looked at the pics on the pages, cos it will put you to sleep!
Welcome Mrs Bogan!! I too will enjoy watching your build and helping along the way if I can. Good luck with it all!
Thanks Mclaren!

Kiwi, I did read some of it. I know the term "lol" gets overused, but I was literally laughing out loud at some of it! When I have a spare decade I shall read it thru...
...and a welcome from me. I like reading up on new builds. Can't wait to follow the progress!
boganswife
Thanks Mclaren!

Kiwi, I did read some of it. I know the term "lol" gets overused, but I was literally laughing out loud at some of it! When I have a spare decade I shall read it thru...

it was a fun time!

one night when you cant sleep...flick through it
should help you zzzzzzzzzzzzzz quicker
Congrats on your upcoming build Boganswife!

You learn so much on this site hey, I wonder what my house would be like had I not stumbled across H1

Looking forward to watching your build, would love to see some pics of your land. We're mid-build on 2.2acres (in SA) & loving all the open space. Any plans for animals etc on your acreage?
Thanks Cooped, your home is lovely, I really like what you have done with the feature walls!

Broom, no plans for animals, other than some chooks and a dog at this stage! When I upload some picks to photobucket I will start a thread and post the link here. Going over now to check out your thread!
Hey Jess I found you, we are both at the same stage, that's great I look forward to following your build too.

It's a bit daunting having to come up with Color selections that work
I have started a proper build thread finally, as we signed contracts last week, and they are planning to do site cut on Friday!!!

Link is in my signature, if I have done it right...
Related
You are here
Building ForumIntroductions
Home
Pros
Forum