Join Login
Building ForumIntroductions

Introductions Please!

Page 16 of 25
Hi everyone,

My name is Thomas and Ive been using this website for a while now, but have been
a bit shy about joining and posting topics

Everyone on here sounds really nice and helpful so I decided to take a bold step today and join and introduce myself. Live in WA for 20 years now and really like it, awesome beaches, easy to get around and lazy sundays are the best.

This site has been absolutely awesome because it provides real and un-bias advice
and help to people who are building/renovating.

thomas
Awesome it is Thomas...and welcome to the addiction of posting on H1.
^+1!
Hi,
I am Gayatri. Me and my husband are building our first home. We have been a regular read of this forum. We find it very very informative and resourceful. Thanks so much for all of you. Been shy about posting but just registered as I needed some advice on built in coffee machines and microwave.
Our house is in the early stages. Just got the approval from council and the builder has applied for building approval. We are in the process of choosing colors, tiles, kitchen cabinets etc, Very exciting. I am hoping to be a little more active on the forum and get some advice from you all.
Gayatri
Welcome Gayatri!! I too was also shy about posting previously but once you start to get answers that you would have normally been contemplating for days then you will soon open up. No question is a stupid question and everyone on here is very helpful!!
Hi All,

Homeone forum rocks!!

My name is Jag and I am from Melbourne. We just a bought a plot of land in Palisades Estate, South Morang. We currently going through display homes in the area. So far we liked the Forrester 4300 from Burbank. We are doing more research before we make up our mind. Wife likes the Forrester so much.

This forum is the best place so far for researching on building new home. Thanks all for the good work!

Regards,
Jag
Hi qonyx,

Is that a Forrester 4300 in your profile picture?

Jag
Hi, I'm Kez and my husband and I live in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne. We have been getting lots of great info from this site for a while and thought it about time to join the clan

We are planning a large extension to the front of our 1950's weatherboard, hopefully starting in Feb. We have finalised the floor plan and hopefully the rest will be done by early December. We have never renovated or built anything in the past so feel like the blind leading the blind at times. Hoping to get lots of advice and help here.

Anyway...off to post a question or 3

Cheers
Welcome, ****! Great username!

You will learn that this really is a great site (and this applies to ALL newbies), not only for info for your build or reno, but for a bit of relief as well.

Enjoy!
Hello Everyone,

My name is Pandu Arkeri and I live in Canberra ACT. I have just retired and started finding lots of time working around my home. I am 69 years of age but still strong and healthy to do bit of work around the home. My hobbies are, building and repairing home computers, surfing internet to learn new things and keep abreast with news and current affairs. My wife complain that I spend lots of time on the net.

I am a Mechnical Engineer, I hope to learn lots of usful things from this board. It is good to share the knowledge between the forum members and contribute to help others by providing ideas, suggestions and answers to other's questions.

K8Canb
Hi

My name is Drayto.

I am a first time builder, so have found this site really helpful. I have enjoyed looking at everyone's pics and the advice people offer is so valuable, particularly for those who havent yet commenced building such as myself.

I am building in Adelaide, with a smaller builder - so far so good.

I would also like to take this opportunity to apologise to those who i have asked perhaps too much information and offended
, and hope that i can start afresh. I am new to online forums/discussions etc and was not aware of etiquette - once again sorry.
Hi there Everyone,

I can't believe that I have found this wonderful site. What an absolute information station. I've read so much already and looked at lots of your photos - thanks for sharing. Can't wait for more.... Just luv it!!!
Hi all,

I'm Bel and i am from melbourne. My husband and i are about to start building our second home. We didn't build our first home so are very excited about it all!

Look forward in sharing our experience with you all and learning from others!
Hi from Melbourne,

We have bought a Victorian house with a few challenges LOL, so I stumbled on this site while googling away.

I guess I have issues because the research list is becoming bigger and bigger.

The first one is paint- will try to use the search engine but please bear with me if you see the same question all over again.
Hi there,
We are thinking about buying a home in QLD that will need extending in a few years (or sooner!). So I'm just here to get a realistic look at how hard that kind of thing is, and some general cost guides if possible.

Cheers!
Hi all! I'm new here -- new to posting anyway. We are living in Adelaide, and looking to build a home in the future... kinda just gathering info right now, but figured I'd register so I can interact a bit more. Thanks!
Hey everyone!

I too have been a fellow 'lurker' for at least a year now, and have just decided to join.

I'm a pest controller, living in Sydney and currently undertaking my first renovation of my house. I've received a lot of helpful hints and tips from reading and searching posts on this forum whenever I have come across a question during the course of my renovations!!
hello everyone

first off great site and LOTS of info. I started building a few months back and will be at lockup stage before xmas. I am a plumber by trade. I'm from Mildura in Vic. Hope to chat and exchange ideas and tips with as many people as i can. Also if you need any advice on plumbing issues i am happy to help or point you in the right way.
hi again
Welcome to all the new comers. I hope you'll join in with the fun and that your builds and reno's all go without too many tears of frustration.

We love photos here on the forum.

If building, add a new thread to the "building and new house" thread viewforum.php?f=31.

Great to hear we have a plumber and someone in the pest control industry joining in too.

Owner builders viewforum.php?f=38

If doing a reno, add a thread for us to follow too. Home Maintenance & Repair,
viewforum.php?f=18
Hi all, we are Chris and Belinda and we've been lurking around this site for a while now and love all of the advice and ideas. Now are plans are approved we thought we would start a blog and join in some of the discussions etc. We are building in Camden Park NSW, please check out our blog.
Related
You are here
Building ForumIntroductions
Home
Pros
Forum