Join Login
Building ForumIntroductions

Introductions Please!

Page 9 of 25
Hi everyone

I'm Susan from Newcastle and we are renovating our kitchen. But it seems to renovate our kitchen, we also need new floors - timber and carpet - i have been stickybeeking but now I have joined and getting some wonderful helpful responses!
Sooooo many ideas!

I have to get my husband to look at the flooring section and the landscaping section.

Could someone help me with the jargan used - lol - hm something - I'm new to this.

PS I forgot to add why I put the username - Impatient - thats me - I want everything now - but I realise it takes time to plan everything, shop around etc - just sick of waiting for quotes - do they want the job or not!
Currently living on the Gold Coast and have been here for 10 years and prior to that in Melbourne. Built 2 houses before on the Mornington Peninsula. Moved to QLD (really hate cold weather) and love the more relaxed lifestyle.

Presently planning on building a home in Cairns at an estate called Canopy's Edge at the base of the rainforest. Now have 660sqm of land (not too much work) and will be after a 250sqm home with lots of outdoor area and a pool of course.

Why Cairns? Lovely weather and the magic of the wet season. The people are very non-stressed and the pace of life is a step back... It's a 1.5 hour flight to Brisbane, 3 hours to Melbourne and one of the most beautiful coastal places to live in Australia.

Going a little crazy dealing with the builders/design stage at the moment.
Hi everyone,

My name is Jay and i am the General Manager for The ****** Building Company (edited by moderator)

I absolutely love building homes and have a real passion for the industry. From a young age i spent weekends on building sites with my father learning as much as i could and would later inspire me to join the game.
Reading through a lot of the forum already its fantastic to see people getting really excited with their projects - after all what bigger project is there apart from having a family?

My partner and i recently bought our first home this year (couldn't tell you why we didn't build!
) and have spent the last 6 months renovating while we've been living in there. It's been so rewarding seeing our home take on its own personality and become an extension of ourselves. Also very rewarding taking friends through and showing why we haven't been out much on weekends lately.

I look forward to sharing the threads and forum boards with all of you - I hope to learn a lot more and get some ideas for the next project. Already i can see this is going to be the most expensive forum i'll ever join!
My name is Anita. Where to begin? My first home was an old fibro house on a large block. We renovated that home but did not want to invest too much into it as we knew that we would move on and whomever was to buy the house would def. knock down and rebuild (we didn't want to as it was not the area we wanted to settle down in).

Whilst in this house, we ended up buying 2 acres and started the whole building process (Owner Builder). We got to lock up stage, but unfortunately my ex and I decided to separate.

I have now bought my own home which I am endevouring to renovate but have to wait till January as it is tenanted.

I am already liking this site and can't stop looking at other peoples work/accomplishments.
Hi everyone

I've finally decided to join after reading all these forums for the past few months. We are in NE Melbourne. We built our first home 8 years ago, and two kids later have outgrown it and are ready to go again - hence the forum reading!

My husband also works for a volume builder - not telling which!!
but am happy to ask him any questions on anyone's behalf!
Hello everyone

Newbie Here

We are building in Piara Waters, with Affordable Living (be nice)
Should have lookup next week
Howdy BN,
welcome to the addiction
Love your avatar, BN
Hi everyone!

My name is Kristyn. My husband and I have just bought a block of land in 'The Glades' Byford. We are very excited and nervous about beginning the building process. We currently have a home in Armadale but are hoping to keep it and rent it out.
Hey there,

I am all brand new to this forum and of course this community and I am glad I did join it
I will try to be highly anticipated and communicative [what I actually always am
]. I am here because I am interesting in topics like renovation of your home and so on, because me and my boyfriend want to build us a new home together where we possibly can grow kids together in near future.

So I say hello and let the communication begin
Hi there

Also new. I just bought a house with my partner. I'm here because I love doing everything .....no I mean as much as I can, myself and with my two left handed partner LOL. I'm looking to improve our house and find tips and tricks to somehow increase our home value.

I'll probably read and ask more then answer for now

Cheers
Hello!!

We have just sold our first house and purchased a block of land in the SE of Melbourne ready to embark on our first building adventure. We are looking abuilding the Hartley 341 with Dennis family Homes.

Already found the forums to be very useful and full of great info!!

Looking forward to contributing even more!
Oh hey all.

I am also building my first home. Got the land, signed building contracts just before Christmas. Look forward to many stressful days ahead.

Building with Eden Brae in Ropes Crossing. I have read of some issues others here have had with EB, as well as some that have had concerns with Ropes Crossing, but I have my reasons for buying where I did, and building with who I am. I am grateful for those that have built with EB and voiced their opinions as it will help me in my build and dealings with them.

Take care and happy new year.
A warm hello to all,

This is M3nd1, came to Australia from overseas about 2.5 years ago. I had been looking for a house for the last 15 months trying to finalise a Melbourne suburb to buy house in
and finally bought a 'house n land' package in Point cook in Nov09. The estate is Hackett’s Rise and the construction commenced in Nov09.

Summary so far –
a) clicked (30 odd photos of) just the land
b) clicked slab in Nov09
c) clicked framer in Dec09
d) clicked insulation, cabling and plumbing works at the site in Dec09
e) currently charging my camcorder for the brick work to start… more to come soon!

I am currently looking for the right lender to finalise loan and other smaller bits. I found this forum while trying to search for info on Refrigerated cooling on one of the threads. I was surprised at the information, which is available here on this site for my disposal. Thanks to all the mods for keeping this site up and running and to other home building enthusiast and fanatics to present their expertise on this forum.

Look forward to seek more assistance as and when I will require…

Regards
*waves to all*

My name is Veronica (please call me Ronnie) and my husband and I have been sitting on our 840sqm block in CanningVale, Perth Western Australia for 4 years!!!

You know what they say if your partner is a mechanic - its the last car they fix - well so it is with my DH being a builder!! In all fairness to him his business is Industrial and Commercial Units but still! We have been living in our supposedly investment/rental property for this amount of time and its definitely been telling..

We have our plans drawn up and we are hoping to submit to council by the end of Jan as we are now finalizing the concrete pool drawings so hope to submit them together.

Our dream build is a 2 storey home with just under 490sqm of living, the DH's 80sqm metre shed (because right now I have a tool box as my bedside table) and a nascar motor as some type of art sculpture in my living room that I am not even able to dust!

Looking forward in getting to know you all better and calling on your vast experiences..

Did I mention I am project managing the build lol

xxx Ronnie
Hi everyone
My husband and I are building our second home SOR in WA! We built with Celebration Homes the first time about 6 years ago and had a great experience overall and a fast build time of about 5 months from slab down. THIS time however is a totally different story! We are building with Easy Living Homes and have had nothing but problems and delays! We are so wishing we had gone with another company now but how do you know! We even did a fair bit of homework etc and still we are having problems! It has taken them since May last year to get to where we are and the house is not even locked up yet!!

Would love to hear from any others who have built with or know somebody who has built with this builder and see what the experience was like!

Look forward to chatting to everyone!!
Hi All

I have been reading this forum for months now, there is so much information ! I decided to join as my partner has left the build mainly up to me, so when a new things happen I need to share with ppl that understand that it is exciting to see a window frame go in or a robe being built !

We are building in Heron Park, Harrisdale and this will be our second build.

We are hoping to move in just before Easter ! Well if all works to the plan

So as at today our Bricks are nearly finished and our roof timber has been delivered to site, hopefully next week they will make a start on the roof !!!

Just wanted to say thank you for everyones posts that I have read and helped me make so many choices so far, it is so helpful !
Hi everyone

I'm Lori from Perth, WA.

My partner and I are building our first home in our backyard with the aim to sell both the existing house and the new house and then build our "barbie dream house" with the profits (plus a lot more of our own money) in Perth's Swan Valley.

My partner works in the family business which is in the building and construction industry so we're lucky to be able to get a lot of things at cost price or free (incl lots of free labour!) so we're very fortunate. But still completely clueless about benchtop colours etc.

I look forward to sharing in your build stories and sharing mine with you.... and consulting the HomeOne oracle on a regular basis for advice
Hi All

My husband and I bought our current house in June 09, with plans to transform it from a mission brown 70s delight to a bright and breezy family home.

Our plans have changed a little - we now need to put a nursery at the top of the list rather than the bottom, needs to be done by July!

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this site and our posts so far. There are many decisions we couldn't have made without the help of homeone, we are complete novices!

Looking forward to getting photos of the new kitchen up soon and learning enough to share some experriences
Hello,
my name is Troy and I am looking to build a home.

I am busy trying to learn as much as I can.

Thanks
Related
You are here
Building ForumIntroductions
Home
Pros
Forum