Join Login
Building ForumIntroductions

Introductions Please!

Page 6 of 25
Paula
Welcome by the way.

Thank you.

Well I finally stumbled across this thread after 33 posts and thought I should introduce myself.

My wife and I have a block in Hawkstowe East, we are Ch0ps neighbours (another forum member). After looking through about 50-60 display homes we couldn't come to a particular house that we just loved. So we decided to seek out a smaller builder that could meet our needs. We finally found one, although the builders are good, there drafts-man is pathetic, he just drags his feet.

Anyway, I wont start a blog, but will create a build email when the ball finally gets rolling.

Great ppl on this site and very helpful.

PS. I ain't no 'Snake' ha ha ha, I just love 'The Simpsons" tv show
Trevor

1000s of pics?? You are already one of us
Hi everyone, just wanted to drop by and say hi. My wife and I are building our first home and we are learning a lot from this forum. Specially things that we shouldn't forget like where we want the outside water taps to be placed
Hi everyone...this is my/our first day on your site... it all looks very interesting and exceptionally informative... We are currently looking to build a home near the Central Coast or Lake Macq. area of NSW. We have started to look at display homes etc.
I am a kitchen designer annexed to the building industry and I have previously worked for a small builder as a drafty and almost got out as a supervisor. So here we are making the big decision.... the biggest of our life It is quite daunting but we will get there.... a few of our friends are going through the process and they tell varyng stories... but most are positive. I will keep you in touch with our progress...
Welcome to the forum Robbuilding.

Good luck with your build.
Just joined up. Soooo much information on this forum, bunch of friendly people also.
We bought a block of land in Sth Morang, waiting for it to settle before we start building our home through "H". Fingers crossed the land settles soon, been told March when it was supposed to settle in October. grrrrr..
The fun begins..

Lam
Hi all. My name is Lyn and no, I am not cranky - the lyvid is in reference to me (LYn) and my husband (daVID). We are hoping to become first home owners / builders this year. After many years of patiently waiting, dreaming and researching (and creating a 'dream home' scrapbook with more editions than an encyclopedia) I thought I would know exactly what to do - phooey! Every day I have more and more questions. Many of them are probably quite stupid, so please be gentle. After only a couple of days I have already learnt so much. Thank you for all of the great information and advice.
Hello Everyone,

New to the forums and site, and it looks to be a great forum, nice and friendly and well laid out.

My name is Darren and with my partner Joy we have built our first home in which we have been living the past 18 months.

Our home is in Wodonga Vic, built by a very reputable local builder, and to cut down on some of the cost we eliminated some things we thought we could do ourselves to make it more affordable, such as flooring, window coverings, light fittings, all landscaping, a finished driveway, and air conditioning and a few other things.

I'm starting on the landscaping so most of my attention will be directed to the Landscaping and Outdoors section but look forward to learning a lot more in the other sections as we progressivly work towards "finishing" off the house and yard.

Looking forward to it,
Cheers
Darren
Hi everyone,

thanks for the forum Jason and to everyone for contributing generously of their knowledge and experience. I've recently been learning bits and pieces from you all.

My partner and I have recently bought a approx 100 year old (I think of the Edwardian period) semi-detached single-storey house in the outer-inner west of Sydney.

Over the past 3 months we've had lots of work done on it so far - including complete damp course replacement, sub-floor fan-driven ducted ventilation & bigger vents, ~$5K of (slate tile and corrugated iron) roof repairs, painting, skirting board repalcement, and floor sanding and coating - and we've have just this last week procedded to move in. Lots has been learnt during those months ... I wish I had been aware of and had the time to read all the info contributed by you all before making some of the decisions related to those activities, but alas, everything is done under time pressures when you are paying rent still, as well as a mortgage!Anyway, we have manged to survive it, I think in large part to not dwelling here while it was all going on, and I hope to able to contribute those learnings to others through this forum.

There are many other more minor works still to do and I hope that some of your advice can help me with those. First job is sealing up the bath, so we can have a shower, so off to the 'Bathroom' forum I go ...!

cheers, Nick
I'm Tammi, just joined today. Bought a deceased estate last week and am looking forward to getting my teeth into creating our dream home.

My particular interests lie in solar passive design. I'm a bit of a greenie at heart and I would love to run a few chooks in a permaculture garden, but that's far distant from this point. Just a cleverly designed house, fitting with the climate in Perth is our starting point.

Can't wait to get started!
Hi,

Back after a gap of 6 months.

James
I came I saw I concreted

(grano joke)

Hi All, Yeh cheers to the Mods and admin etc...
I joined just before the last outage

I am a waterproofing contractor in Margaret River South West WA.
Passion is concrete incase you hadn't guessed
Our work consists of:
Benchtops, vanities, polished, ground, honed...floors
Useful water features (fish and food).
Also house slabs, panels, also waterproofing systems, coatings.
I prefer Eco stuff
I like the fluid properties and the use with solar passive design, orientation and materials.
Other passion is BackYard aquaponics.

Recently cleared a section of land adjacent to the existing cottage...
site works 004.JPG
site works 011.JPG
The area is about 45m x 40m this will give room for
expanded food production

http://www.backyardaquaponics.com/forum ... ive_topics
but don't go there because you will develop a new addition

So I guess I will be sharing our journey here...

Kind regards,
onc
Hi Everyone!

My name is Leah, just joined the forum this afternoon and had a browse around, looks great!

I'm 24 and my partner and I are building our first home. We are building with Dennis Family Homes. Currently at Lock up stage and probably looking at moving in in approx. 4 weeks or so. Very exciting!

Some of the building projects I have browsed through look fantastic guys!
Welcome!! Jason, you mean that photo has been there since 2004?? I think it may be time to update it.. LOL
Salt&Pepper
Welcome!! Jason, you mean that photo has been there since 2004?? I think it may be time to update it.. LOL

You're right. Let me see...perhaps I'll upload the other half.
Hello!

I thought I should jump in here first.
My husband and I have just paid a deposit on land in Mernda and hope to be building on it soon. We bought our current house already established, so this is our first building experience. We are certainly learning as we go along.

I stumbled onto this forum a few weeks back and it's become one of my favourites. It certainly has loads of information.

I'll look forward to posting here.
Hello all!

My name's Nicole. I'm so relieved to have found a forum like this one that's actually active

I'm just starting to plan a kitchen renovation, so will be no doubt asking lots of questions in Kitchen Corner
Nicoletta
My name's Nicole. I'm so relieved to have found a forum like this one that's actually active

Oh, yes, we're active alright!!

Mad as hatters at times, but definetly active
Helyn
Nicoletta

Oh, yes, we're active alright!!

Mad as hatters at times, but definetly active

Related
You are here
Building ForumIntroductions
Home
Pros
Forum