Join Login
Building ForumMove Management

Storing mattresses

Page 1 of 1
Hi all

We'll be looking to store all of our house's furniture for at least 3 months while we move to my parents' place. This includes mattresses.

DH secured a storage space today but forgot to ask about the mattresses - does anyone have any tips on how to completely wrap or cover the mattresses so that they don't get too dusty?

Thanks in advance
donuts
I dont think dust is the main issue, more moisture. It will either need to be very very airtight, or beter still allow for some breathing, without letting in more moisture or dust
Thanks Adrian, yes, whatever we choose would have to keep out moisture too.

I really don't like the idea of putting them into storage at all - they are both less than 1 year old, but there is just nowhere else to put them
The storage boxes we got for the moving have a link to a supplier of wrapping solutions....and they have one for mattresses

http://www.homewrap.com.au/product.asp? ... prodid=151

Says suitable for moving, storage or renovation. And I believe they come in various sizes. Our storage facility also sells them to...Storage King.
Does this link help ?
We did the same thing, many years ago & the mattresses were fine.
Though I remember buying the bags at an outlet like Spotlight or Home Yardage.

http://shop.fortknoxselfstorage.com.au/ecms/category.asp?cid=1109
Fantastic, thanks TDL and Southies, I knew I'd find some answers here. I'll see if I can find some of those. Southies yours were cheap hey!

donuts
My pleasure
As far as I know places like Kennards and Millers storage sell mattress bags. They come in single, double, queen, not sure about king. We bought a double mattress bag from them a few years ago and it was worth the money. You then just need the tape to seal it up.
In regards to your storage place a lot of the ones I know are very careful about moisture in the air and usually have filtration systems in place to keep the air dry. Might be worth asking but the bags are the best bet
Related
You are here
Building ForumMove Management
Home
Pros
Forum