Join Login
Building ForumMove Management

23 Days to pack up our whole home into boxes..urrgh

Page 1 of 1
Hi

We have managed to sell our home.. and now have 23 days to pack up our home into boxes. We will be living in our caravan at my parents so nearly all of our home bar clothes and some kids toys will be all in boxes for about 9-12 months.

I don't know which room to start in, any suggestions on what rooms to work on first and in what order.

We sold last week some items of furniture we don't want to take with us on Ebay... but we have a 3br, 3 living area + study home.. plus a shed full of garden equipment....I need a kick start....

Thanks
Having moved a number of times my first action is to decide what clothes I haven't worn and get rid of them.

Make sure you label all the boxes so that you can find things you might need after a few months
Hi Cass

Ive moved heaps of times and to be honest it doesnt really matter which room you start with. Maybe the one with the most stuff as you will be tired towards the end

I know this sounds bad but if you can manage try and list the things that are actually in the box

Pain in the @ss when your doing it but trust me you will be glad when your looking for your pillow and have no idea where to start

Also have a really good think about putting your stuff in storage

We moved about 2.5 years ago with a view to buy a ready made house

Ended up buying a knock down rebuild so our stuff will be in storage for about 3.5 years

1. the cost of the storage we could have sold the furniture and bought new stuff
2. we have no idea how our stuff lasted

Sooooo try to get rid of what you can

also suggest using a removalist they have this knack for packing stuff in storage that you wouldnt

Good Luck!
Related
16/01/2024
Mondays are your days

Interior Decorating Lounge

I'll be here once a week, lets make that Mondays. > If you have a question, this will be the day I will log in for a look around.. If your lucky, sooner. Ask away...…

6/06/2024
EOT and Rainy Days

Building A New House

EDIT: Disregard this reply, i accidentally posted and cant delete. See proper reply below.

You are here
Building ForumMove Management
Home
Pros
Forum