Join Login
Building ForumMove Management

shipping containers

Page 1 of 1
ok has anybody here used shipping containers to move and then put it on a truck and send it. compared to removalist.

any pros and cons
Did it many years ago ( 8 years).

It tend to be slower! like really slow....it could have just been my "bad" and only experience with shipping.
ledgend80
ok has anybody here used shipping containers to move and then put it on a truck and send it. compared to removalist.

any pros and cons

Why would you want to use a container? Containers are 20 or 40 feet and they are very heavy when they arrive at destination they are not dropped because they may crack the pavement or concrete paths.
For a move I wouldn't bother. We looked into using them for storage for 12 months, but unless you buy one outright, they're not much cheaper than some of the storage places around. There are companies that will send it out to you, leave it while you pack it, pick it up and then store it, bring it back when you are ready and then take it away, but all the costs added up to about $4000 for 12 months. I've found storage for $3500, so it's not worth it for us. Different if you can store it somewhere yourself, I suppose.
Related
You are here
Building ForumMove Management
Home
Pros
Forum