Join Login
Building ForumMove Management

LARGE REMOVAL TRUCK

Page 1 of 1
Hi folks

We are looking at hiring a removal-size truck and moving ourselves (my FIL has 'heavy rigid' truck licence). But, as our settlements are on the same day, we have to be out of this house, but cannot access the new house for probably and hour or two later - which means EVERYTHING has to be cleared out of this house and in the truck ready to go.

My question is.....does a normal house-hold load of furniture (3 bedrooms, 2 living areas) fit in one removal truck size or do you normally have to do 2 or 3 loads even with that size truck??

Just wondering if anyone has moved recently can help me - did removalists get it all in one go?

Thanks.... Ceebs
Should fit no problems at all. I got most of our furniture (3 beds, 1 living, spare lounge suite) in a little removal truck.
Thanks Joles..... when we moved not long ago, we had a smaller truck (the size you don't need a special licence for) but we still needed 2 or 3 trips (can't remember if it was 2 or 3
plus a few loaded up car trips. So we obviously have quite a bit of stuff - and need to make sure it would all fit in a large removal truck before we go down that path. (plus we have outdoor setting, pot plants, etc etc)

Can anyone else confirm if it should/would fit?

Ceebs
Related
20/11/2023
Brick Elevator truck hit and run

General Discussion

you did, but you didnt identify the smear/logo

2/07/2023
Ballpark figure to convert large WIL to small WC ?

Bathrooms and Laundry

consider putting in wall WC instead of robe in the same bedroom, then it might be doable to hook up to the existing piping.

3/08/2023
Building on a Block with Large Frontage

Building A New House

Thanks. this looks really nice.

You are here
Building ForumMove Management
Home
Pros
Forum