Join Login
Building ForumMove Management

Do you tape the draws shut or take them out

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone.

Just wondering what your experience has been with removalists. Do they like all draws taped shut or prefer to take the draws out of the desk for eg and pack them separately.

I'm thinking its time consuming $$$ and a waste of space to take them out of the relevant furniture.

If you do tape them shut what tape do you use. What is good for not leaving marks on the furniture...

Many Thanks
Nettie
My experience with our removalist....

This is not a decision you should have to make. They provide a quote on the basis of the furniture as is...it is there responsibility to ensure furniture is not damaged and that they have estimated the truck volume right.

Some drawers - heavy units - they took out and replaced in the truck. Others they carried out with the drawers in place and carried so that the drawers didn't fall out.

The risk you run is that if you tape it...your taking the responsibility that the tape will hold.
I agree - let the removalists make that decision (unless you're moving yourself!). If it were me moving myself I would empty the drawers of anything that might damage them while in transit, or if heavy. Try to tape them closed from underneath so the tape can't mark the fronts. Perhaps even remove the knobs and put them in backwards so the knob is on the inside and there is nothing to catch on the outside.

If tape does get stuck on your furniture eucalyptus oil is magic at removing sticky residue without leaving marks. (Always test in an inconspicuous place first though
)

Kylie
Thanks for your replies,

Good advise, will let the removalist decide.

Cheers
Don't tape any drawers, if you use the wrong type of tape it will be a nightmare to get off. Empty them and place small pillows or cushions inside if you have them.
Related
1/04/2024
Custom builder or pay for own floor plan and take to builder

Building A New House

Hi Mofflepop, I would recommend finding a building designer to prepare plans, they should design to your specified budget. The benefit is you can tender the project out…

23/04/2024
Omaxe homes - Melbourne - anyone built with them?

Building A New House

I haven’t. But have a Lowe Design home. Not only did I find Matt Lowe patronising and a bully, but the home is NOT TO CODE. I have water coming through the bricks…

13/02/2024
Safety screens! Worth them?

Safer Living

Hi everyone. I am a single mother with little daughter, living in a small tourist town in WA Australia. I am thinking to install security screens to all the doors and…

You are here
Building ForumMove Management
Home
Pros
Forum