Join Login
Building ForumMove Management

Removalist Recommendations in Melbourne

Page 2 of 2
I agree, I bet alot of them actually review themselves. We have had two new quotes and have decided to go with Epping Furniture Removals, I work with someone that knows them well, so I will see how that goes. Chapmans also gave us a quote and they seemed good, but we have decided on Epping. I will let you know how that goes. It must have been a nightmare for you, and to think they can get away with it.
I really recommend Red X for removals. $100ph.
Not sure if you live outside metropolitan.
They have a couple of their own big reliable trucks. Tough men who get the job done.

I used to be in the furniture industry and thats who we used for transporting goods to Sydney.

They're based in Tullamarine.
Hi Nonna, thanks, but we have booked with Epping Removals, I will let you all know how it goes, happy with the quote, $890.00 for the great big truck, much bigger than the six ton we were getting in the first place. We are moving about 15 klms, but have alot of furniture and far to many boxes. lol
We are all moved in, and what a great job Darren and the guys from Epping Removals did
. They had the big truck for the furniture and Darren also arranged for the small truck to come for all of the boxes, no extra charge. They took great care of our furniture, not a scratch, we were all moved in within 4 hours, flat rate from Mill Park to Doreen of $880.00. Three Men, two trucks, it was so easy.
Here's a very good excerpt from The Age newspaper today titled "Where to turn if your move gets messy":

http://theage.domain.com.au/moving/where-to-turn-if-your-move-gets-messy-20110518-1eski.html

Quote:
Consumers can improve the chances of a trouble-free move by using the services of a member of the Australian Furniture Removers Association.

AFRA, the national industry body, provides professional training for members, and requires them to carry insurance and to abide by a code of conduct.

AFRA also assists in resolving complaints between its members and their customers.

Save money and hassles

Get recommendations from friends or family if you can.
Does your own insurance cover any potential moving damage.
Get more than one written quote.
Be as accurate as you can about the quantity of items to be moved.
Be absolutely ready for the movers.
Pack everything you can in advance.
Try to use uniformly sized boxes.
Box everything, loose items are a nuisance.
Dismantle furniture etc in advance.
Remove hoses from washing machines etc.
Mark boxes clearly with contents and destination rooms.
Removalist checklist

Is it a fixed price or an hourly rate?
Get terms and conditions in writing.
Do they use regular workers or hire casuals?
Services to be provided and the time frame they are to occur in.
What, if any, is the call-out rate?
How will the call-out rate be charged?
Will it cost more if the move takes longer than expected?
Are there additional charges for difficult access to the property?
With hourly rates, does that include travelling time to and from the depot?
What does that add to the total cost?
What else could increase the quoted cost? Heavy or unusual items?
What insurance is offered by the removalist and what does it cover.
Does the company sub contract to other movers if they can't do the job for some reason and who are they?
Take time to make sure everything has arrived at your new home for before signing off.
Anyone with problems can contact:
Consumer Affairs Victoria: 1300 558 181
Department of Fair Trading, NSW: 13 32 20
Or the relevant department in your state.

For further information or to find a removalist, contact:
The Australian Furniture Removalist Association
1800 671 806
afra.com.au
deb17
I agree, I bet alot of them actually review themselves.

Any business can review themselves, that is why we should all take the time to leave a review for a company when we have a good or bad experience. This way is there are 10 reviews for a removalist and one is outstanding while the rest are terrible, it becomes pretty obvious.
I too used Epping Removals, didnt move very far either virtually next suburb, Darren turned up on time to come and quote the job and the 2 guys who did the job turned up on time 8.00am and had our whole house inside and out packed up and delivered to our new house by 1.30pm. They were really nice guys and would highly recommend them (I am in no way affiliated with them) just was really pleased with their service, you have so much to organise when getting out of one place and moving into the next that it was a stressless experience and happy to recommend them.
ring09
I too used Epping Removals, didnt move very far either virtually next suburb, Darren turned up on time to come and quote the job and the 2 guys who did the job turned up on time 8.00am and had our whole house inside and out packed up and delivered to our new house by 1.30pm. They were really nice guys and would highly recommend them (I am in no way affiliated with them) just was really pleased with their service, you have so much to organise when getting out of one place and moving into the next that it was a stressless experience and happy to recommend them.

We will be using them again in the next couple of weeks, it was the best move we have ever had. I havn't booked them yet,
I hope Darren will be able to spare us a few hours at short notice.
we used sievwright white glove movers brighton and they were anything but white glove and most of all appalling to deal with. we should have taken on board other negative reviews before we went with them. there staff were so unprofessional and rude and as reviews state their staff need some serious customer service training. there are many other companies that now offer the pack/unpack and move service, at competitive rates who people should contact.
Hi, for interstate relocations, I work for a great little family owned company that transports shipping containers all over Australia. We are trustworthy, reliable and aim to make every move go as smoothly as possible. Our prices are very competitive and you can grab a free quote online. I noticed people were commenting on fake reviews - I'm well aware that this is VERY common for removalists to do but I do know search engines are very good on picking up on these now. All of our testimonials are 100% genuine and we are known for our excellent customer service. www.budgetselfpackcontainers.com.au.
Related
6/07/2023
CUSTOM BUILDER RECOMMENDATIONS WESTERN MELBOURNE

Building A New House

Hello, we can help you please get in contact 0421019219 thank you

21/05/2024
Landscaping recommendations in Melbourne for New Build

Landscape & Garden Design

Yes, I was happy with the work, bar a few small things. Overall, communication could have been better though. However, I found them reliable and did good work at a…

22/11/2023
Volume Builder Recommendations - Sloping block - Melbourne.

Building A New House

i did click it, still couldnt make it out rofl. in any case, doesnt look like too extreme a slope, you may be in luck. Just shoot out some emails to volume builders in…

You are here
Building ForumMove Management
Home
Pros
Forum