Guess I will have to join in the fun.

fengshui facts; whether you like it or not

Facts and Fengshui in the same sentence
Hoffies
snipfer

Saying it is wrong to be able to predict the future of someone based on a single piece of information such as a date of birth is obvious as not being able to predict site costs with just a suburb location!

Most people exposed to the more non traditional sciences are like the wise men and the elephant - they don't see enough to make an informed comment.
joeygbh
Hoffies
snipfer

Saying it is wrong to be able to predict the future of someone based on a single piece of information such as a date of birth is obvious as not being able to predict site costs with just a suburb location!

Most people exposed to the more non traditional sciences are like the wise men and the elephant - they don't see enough to make an informed comment.

Just as the word "fact" doesn't belong in the same sentence as Fengshui, nor does the word "science". The principles of the scientific method includes making empirical observations, proposing hypotheses to explain those observations, and testing those hypotheses in valid and reliable ways.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fengshui

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fact

sometimes it's like a roman catholic trying to explain GOD to a atheist.
Hoffies
Just as the word "fact" doesn't belong in the same sentence as Fengshui, nor does the word "science". The principles of the scientific method includes making empirical observations, proposing hypotheses to explain those observations, and testing those hypotheses in valid and reliable ways.

And how do you know these have not been done? That the observations, results, explanation for those results and the testing of these observations have not been done over thousands of years before our time, and have not been partially lost to time? Due to the recording methods (parchment, word of mouth) being used? That we may only know one grain of sand, to the beach of knowledge that has now been lost?

Modern science even now cannot explain how some of the ancient wonders of the world (stone henge, pyramids, Aztec calendars, the Nazca plains) were built, calibrated and used by the supposedly 'primitive' early civilisations.

Just as a side note, could you explain to me how the modern quantum 'science' then would:

1. Observe 4th through to 10th dimensions required to 'prove' current string theory
2. Provide hypotheses for these non-existent observations (which apparently they are doing in droves now anyway based on their 'faith' that it exists)
3. Test these hypotheses in a valid and reliable way?
snipfer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fengshui

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fact

sometimes it's like a roman catholic trying to explain GOD to a atheist.

I agree. Both are impossible tasks.
joeygbh

Modern science even now cannot explain how some of the ancient wonders of the world (stone henge, pyramids, Aztec calendars, the Nazca plains) were built, calibrated and used by the supposedly 'primitive' early civilisations.

True, but in the absence of an explanation, modern science doesn't simply make up a fairy tale.
Hoffies
joeygbh

True, but in the absence of an explanation, modern science doesn't simply make up a fairy tale.

Current sting theory seems that way to me.
I guess there's nothing wrong with believing with Feng Shui or applying it to your homes or buildings, as long as it does not harm anybody and it would still look aesthetically good.
when i try to explain feng shui
i compare going to grandma's house
you feel comfortable as soon as you walk in
try placing a chair with it's back to the open front door
do you feel comfortable sitting there
but place the same chair in the corner of the room facing the door and you feel so much more comfortable
I didn't believe it when I was young, but as I grew I started to believe in it and I am now strongly believe in it. It's about how the energy of surroundings affect one's life.

As other viewer commented, if you believe and make good fengshui setting.
Even sometimes the "Proof" hasn't appear at once, but psychologically, it comforts and stable the anxiety of a person. If he/she feels happy, then he/she has more positive energy and become enthusiasm of what he/she is doing which at the end will leads to a positive result of his/her hard work.
For example, if a Fengshui advisor told a guy to put a fengshui item in a place where he will be more focus on his work and will help to increase his wealth.
He believes, and feel happy and energetic when he is working, and his boss appreciated of his hard work and get him promoted with a pay rise.

No matter you believe or not, Fengshui is exist.
It's good to know and get use of it earlier than later.
Related
You are here
Building ForumFeng Shui
Home
Pros
Forum