Join Login
Building ForumFeng Shui

House number

Page 2 of 3
In chinese culture, 8 means money and prosperity and 4 means DEATH. I know a few chinese people who refuse to buy a house that has 4 in it, especially 44 which means double death!
does anyone know what the number 5 means in chinese? just curious
Pisces

From wiki:
Five

The number 5 (五, Pinyin: wŭ) is associated with the five elements (water, wood, fire, earth and metal) in Chinese philosophy, and in turn was historically associated with the Emperor of China. For example, the Tiananmen gate, being the main thoroughfare to the Forbidden City, has five arches. It is also referred to as "I" as the pronunciations of "I" (吾, Pinyin: wŭ) and 5 sound similar in Mandarin.

I'm of chinese heritage and never knew that association.. haven't really heard #5 associated with anything bad so I guess it must be a good thing. Btw, i'm a #5 too.. go us!
thanks howie! that's was interesting for me!
The reason for Chinese wanting an Eight (8) is that 8 means making a lot money.

Last year the Olympic games opening date was 2008, 08, 08 at 8:08pm!

In Feng Shui, now we are in period 8 (2004 - 2023), and 8 is in season. According to Flying Star Feng Shui, if you have a Water Star number 8 flies to the entrance of the house, you will be prospered and making a lot of $. That is why Chinese like number 8.

My phone number has five 8s in it. ha..ha...I am doing all right.

Cheers!

Edgar (Lok Tin) Yung
HMMM my birthday is 08/08/1968 at 20:00pm.(8 o'clock at night)

WHERE IS ALL THE MONEY I M SUPPOSED TO HAVE
Popeye, 8 is suppossed to be a lucky number - my husbands birthday is 8/8 too.

He's been married to me for over 20 years - how lucky can you get !!??
I like Thorney's link better, the 22 is spot on for us and makes me look even more forward to moving in
We're number 23, so 2+3 = 5 (just incase anyone needed help with that lol)

"It is a place where people often visit just to exchange ideas or gossip".

"There is always plenty of activity in a Number Five house but the activity usually involves intellectual subjects".

"... the occupants travel a great deal".

I only picked out the bits I like LOL
popeye
HMMM my birthday is 08/08/1968 at 20:00pm.(8 o'clock at night)

WHERE IS ALL THE MONEY I M SUPPOSED TO HAVE

Are you really born on the 08/08/1968/ 8pm?

Where were you born?

Cheers!

Edgar (lok tin) Yung
aaron4erin
We're number 23, so 2+3 = 5 (just incase anyone needed help with that lol)

"It is a place where people often visit just to exchange ideas or gossip".

"There is always plenty of activity in a Number Five house but the activity usually involves intellectual subjects".

"... the occupants travel a great deal".

I only picked out the bits I like LOL
ha, just realised that we've been living at number 32 now for almost 7 years... so no real change once we move to number 23!

Where were you born?

Cheers!

Edgar (lok tin) Yung

Yep that is my birthday as my mother says LOL(and my birth certificate)
I was born in Cyprus
Why does it make any difference where you were born???
popeye

Where were you born?

Cheers!

Edgar (lok tin) Yung

I was born in Cyprus

For Chinese Astrology Four Pillars of Destiny calculation, the True Solar time is to be used. I asked where were you born, so I can work out the true solar time.

If your birth time is correct, at the moment your luck is very average. However you will be bloody rich after 2018.
Loktin
popeye

Where were you born?

Cheers!

Edgar (lok tin) Yung

I was born in Cyprus

For Chinese Astrology Four Pillars of Destiny calculation, the True Solar time is to be used. I asked where were you born, so I can work out the true solar time.

If your birth time is correct, at the moment your luck is very average. However you will be bloody rich after 2018.

Mate you are spot on about my luck at the moment .
prety avarege alright .
I hope you are right at the prediction of bloody rich as soon as i am still around in 2018
Here are the house numbers we have bought or lived in - in order:
These are the actual street numbers, not adding up numbers to arrive at a single digit. Strange, huh? Of all the possible house numbers we can't get more than a 9. Earlier this year we put in an offer on a house that was number 68. Of course, it had 2 digits and we did not get it. I laughingly suggested to DH that we still need a number 1 or 7. So yep, we have now bought a number 7 - and no, it's not because it was a number 7.
numbers are part of fengshui - according to certain schools of fengshui.

if you can remember or do notice, in your life time you will always associate with a certain digit whether it's on purpose or not.
We're number 4, which that website only says bad things about! lol
Our previous house was a 21 = 3, so now we've upgraded to 51 = 6. All I need to find is an 81 to upgrade to next time.
Pisces

in chinese, lots of meanings.

in FS, 2 and 5 are earth.
I know someone whose neighbour bought the townhouse next door off the plan and before she bought it she insisted the builder change the number of the townhouse. That street now has house numbers that go 2, 4, 6, 10, 8, 12... I didn't know this was possible.
Related
13/05/2024
Building a boundary house - up against neighbours house

Building A New House

Good on you for having a go I am the opposite of DIY (so will pay a builder) - our vibe is industrial/simple so current thinking is 150mm concrete and then internally is…

26/06/2023
New House

Building A New House

Yes well there solution is to blame everyone else while I a 65yr old woman with major medical problems have to just continue to boil water and wash myself in a bucket…

28/06/2023
Second story extension on steel frame house

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, We have a single story MacDonald Jones house, on a waffle pod slab with steel frame. Are we able to build a second story extension? Other info is we are 900mm from…

You are here
Building ForumFeng Shui
Home
Pros
Forum