Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Failing double glazed units

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

4 year old house full of 4 year old western red cedar double glazed units from a major national manufacturer.

Several, many of the units are appearing to "fail", with condensation inside the units - in between the panes of glass. These photos taken on 19 degree day, but it seems to happen in all different conditions. Mainly on windows when the sun hits them... I haven't noticed it occurring on south side.

Its really not great at all.

Before I approach the company I'm keen to understand what I should be asking for, what is the standard. Replacement? Is there some sort of repair that is acceptable. What "exclusions" might they use to try to get out of it? Haven't had great service feom them so far so kind of expecting a battle.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Without knowing anymore than what you have above.

1. Check your guarantee to see if there are any "out" clauses.
  2. If you're within your guarantee then make a claim.
  3. If you are outside your guarantee consult the supplier.
  4. If you're still unhappy take it to VCAT (or similar small claims)

Ed
Chippies_Kid
Hi all,

4 year old house full of 4 year old western red cedar double glazed units from a major national manufacturer.

Several, many of the units are appearing to "fail", with condensation inside the units - in between the panes of glass. These photos taken on 19 degree day, but it seems to happen in all different conditions. Mainly on windows when the sun hits them... I haven't noticed it occurring on south side.

Its really not great at all.

Before I approach the company I'm keen to understand what I should be asking for, what is the standard. Replacement? Is there some sort of repair that is acceptable. What "exclusions" might they use to try to get out of it? Haven't had great service feom them so far so kind of expecting a battle.

Appreciate your thoughts.

What's happening?
Ed
Related
1/08/2023
Double glazed sliding door recomendations? (Melbourne)

Windows & Doors

I’m in a similar position except I’m after sliding 3 stacking doors. I am on a second-story apartment of which the balcony would not adequately fit any bi-fold or…

10/05/2024
Double glazed aluminium windows-doors- slimline?

Windows & Doors

Whatever you do avoid Wideline and Stegbar.

20/07/2023
Double door frame size

General Discussion

Current door width is approx 2700, looking to have double doors fitted 820-820. What size does the frame need to be before door jamb? Thanks

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum