Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

How to replace the Omni Allure Trilock with a digital lock ?

Page 1 of 1
Hi all

We got a Gainsborough Omni Allure Trilock set on our front door by Clarendon Homes 4 years ago.

Front door is a Corinthian Sunburst SUNWS GL Pivot (2040mm x 1200mm)

Now we would like to replace the Omni Trilock with a digital deadlock so we can do away with the keys.

But as most of you are probably aware, the Omni Trilock stuffs up the door in such a way that you cannot put anything else in there, certainly not a digital lock.

So this means that we (a) cannot get a digital lock or (b) pay for a new door as well as the lock !!

Why should we pay for a poor design which wrecked our door ?

Has anyone succeed in replacing the Omni Trilock without changing the door ?

Any suggestions if any consumer forum would be willing to look at this scenario ??

Picture of door attached

Thanks all

Bit of an idea here. Depends on how handy you are with the tools. Or if you've got a favourite handy person.

Love the language of carpentry!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMiTdVM7bik
Hi there - I know this post is years old but I just wanted to see if you had any luck. We have the same one and wanting to add a smart lock instead
tal09
Hi there - I know this post is years old but I just wanted to see if you had any luck. We have the same one and wanting to add a smart lock instead

Yes, there are many smart locks that can replace it. You just need paint the door that behind the Omni plate
Related
15/03/2024
Omni built homes brisbane - builders feedback

General Discussion

First time poster long story short we are planning knocking down rebuilding a house in Wavell Heights We are thinking to go with Omni built homes as they are but flexible…

30/05/2023
Replace roof, raise wall height vs extend

Renovation + Home Improvement

ok thanks - yes was wondering if that should have been listed as Option Three!

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum