Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Timber bi-fold doors.

Page 1 of 1
Greetings all !!

I'm thinking of a double glazed timber bi-fold door 2400 X 2100. I have seen some pretty nasty installations where the door sometimes gets held/jammed on the tracks, does not open fully and smoothly, etc.

I believe i will have to be ahead of the curve and let the installer know exactly what parts components i need to go in there. Eg: type of the tracks, some adjustment screws ( not sure what they are called ), the rubber for insulation between the bi-folds.

What components should i be looking at apart from the door frame and the glass that goes into it ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards
MB
mbarlow69
Any help is greatly appreciated.

It was once mentioned on the "Weekend Woodies" (renovators and builders advice show previously on ABC Sydney 702) that people rarely open bi-fold doors, so you are better off installing sliding or stackers doors. That is the road we took when we built our house, with no regrets. So my advice is to see if you can install sliding or stacking doors instead of bi-folds.
Related
6/07/2023
Engineered Timber Flooring Vs Solid Timber

General Discussion

Engineering timber is certainly a less fuss option, times cheaper to supply and install and better withstands humidity.

15/06/2023
Sliding doors

Windows & Doors

We are looking for sliding doors which are 5 metres tall. There are a few European options. Any manufacturers in Australia or distributors?

5/09/2023
Sliding doors direction

General Discussion

Pls help! The black marks show where our outdoor entertaining area would be along side of house as we have an irregular backyard and want to make use of the side as…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum