Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Broken Glass Pane In Double Glazed Window

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, we are currently building a new house and on one of our early build visits we discovered a smashed window pane on a double glazed window.
The builder has had a glazier in and replaced the broken pane. My question is this the correct way to fix a double glazed window? As I thought that there was to be a gas or vacuum between the two panes of glass.

I will be due to have our handover inspection soon and would like to know if I need to ask them to replace the entire glass insert. As I am sure that the site supervisor will tell me "that's how they are normally repaired" and that may be but is it the correct way?

Any advice welcomed
This sounds stupid to me, as double glazed units are properly (hermatically?) sealed to prevent moisture entering the void etc. So simply replacing one pane in situ isn’t appropriate to my understanding of how this should be handled.
Thanks for the reply. That's what I thought, but not knowing I thought I would ask.
The whole double glazed unit is sealed and your glazier would have brought one with him and removed the old one and installed the new one. Nothing else would work, it is standard.
Related
1/08/2023
Double glazed sliding door recomendations? (Melbourne)

Windows & Doors

I’m in a similar position except I’m after sliding 3 stacking doors. I am on a second-story apartment of which the balcony would not adequately fit any bi-fold or…

10/05/2024
Double glazed aluminium windows-doors- slimline?

Windows & Doors

Whatever you do avoid Wideline and Stegbar.

13/03/2024
Replacing broken tile on floor

General Discussion

I have an investment property and tenants moved out recently. However the Property manager noticed one of the floor tiles is broken and the kitchen Island countertop is…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum