Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Replacement windows

Page 1 of 1
Hi just looking into some options for replacing our timber windows. I am just about to begin to strip the paint and repaint and seal them. That said, I am after looking at replacing the entire window - to the same size.

We have interior plantation shutters that have been installed on the interior. AS they were retrofitted they couldnt install the shutters to line up flush with plaster as the windows didnt have enough depth.

Ideally I'd like to enlarge the window a little so that these shutters can fit inside. It would involve ordering new windows and perhaps englarging the opening.

At the moment they are single glazed windows too. I'd want to use double glazed windows.

What type of wall is it? Brick veneer, weatherboard, blueboard, foam???
It's weatherboard.
it's really the wall which is too narrow for your window and the plantation shutters. By being not so deep, an aluminium window may help, or you might even push the new window forward and batten around it to leave enough room for the shutters to be flush.
Related
4/04/2024
New Home Build - Boundary Retaining Wall replacement advice

Building A New House

Can anyone recommend a good/affordable retaining wall and fence builder that I can get a quote from located in Sydney?

19/01/2024
Exposed Aggregate Concrete Repair / Replacement - small job

Paving & Concreting

Last year I had a gas leak at my house. 3 days later, I have about 1 sqm of my exposed aggregate paving broken up. I am not sure how to go about getting it repaired…

12/02/2024
Terracotta roof replacement

General Discussion

We're looking at replacing the roof of a heritage listed home so it needs to be terracotta tiles, wondering if anyone has any recommendations, hints or…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum