Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Window awnings

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Have just bought and installed new venetian blinds which look absolutely beautiful, but now we find there is heaps more light showing through compared to the old roller blockout blinds that were up previously.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend or give me some cheap ideas of a window awnings company that is DIY and not so harsh on the wallet, or a project that would look appealing from the street but also block so much light coming in the windows.

I really like the canvas awnings but find they are so expensive. I've looked at a couple of places online with no luck finding something in a reasonable price.

Any help and advice much appreciated.

Thanks
Geoff
No one has any experience or advice?
Unfortunately I think you'll find that any external blind is going to be a bit pricey as they have to be weatherproof etc. If you are in Melbourne look at A1 Blinds. I had several canvas awnings replaced a few years ago and they were reasonably priced and good service.
Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I am located in Port Stephens NSW.
Related
14/06/2023
Gooseneck tap in front of kitchen window

Kitchen Corner

that will depend on the kitchen bench depth. you'll have to specify it so it allows for both the tap and the sink

15/01/2024
Is this a defect in my window frame?

Windows & Doors

Its the flashing and is normal. Some builders cover them up others just leave them handing. You can cover it up with an aluminium bracket or ask the builder.

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum