Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Stacker door questions

Page 1 of 1
Hello,
Anyone know which way the alfresco stacker doors should slide, we will have 2 single stacker doors.
Should they slide toward the lhs/rhs external wall or towards the internal wall?
Can I retrofit security screen doors after handover to the stackers? We have recessed tracks.
Cheers

There isn't a set direction, completely up to you and your floorplan.

We've retrofit screen doors before and I assume it's standard for most to be done that way. Do you know which brand they are?

sweetswisssteel
Can I retrofit security screen doors after handover to the stackers? We have recessed tracks.

You can, but the best match would be retractable screens. Problem is if you don’t plan it when the slab is laid you'll miss out on recessed tracks for the screen too, defeating the point of recessing the stacker tracks.
arcadelt
sweetswisssteel

You can, but the best match would be retractable screens. Problem is if you don’t plan it when the slab is laid you'll miss out on recessed tracks for the screen too, defeating the point of recessing the stacker tracks.
That's what I thought. Luckily I haven't signed a contract yet

We chose the direction for our sets of stacker doors. My builder said he couldn’t rebate them though but someone else building with my builder had theirs rebated!
aphsta
We chose the direction for our sets of stacker doors. My builder said he couldn’t rebate them though but someone else building with my builder had theirs rebated!
What direction did you choose? I have heard best to stack against external walls but builder defaulted to internal wall. I can change though,

sweetswisssteel
aphsta
What direction did you choose? I have heard best to stack against external walls but builder defaulted to internal wall. I can change though,

We just chose the directions based on how the rooms would be used.

This door we chose to stack them towards the centre of the house as we are building an outdoor kitchen along the wall at the right angle so wouldn’t be able to exit from the first panel if it opened that way

This door we chose to stack next to the external far corner and open from the kitchen end due to the room being a living room and not wanting to walk in front of the TV to open

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=89059
Related
11/10/2023
Stacker door thresholds

Windows & Doors

Sure looks like the type of track that I fitted to my house. My supplier said that the underside has a tray which drains to the front. They cut vertical slots in it. So as…

26/10/2023
Which glass for stacker doors

Windows & Doors

What do you need them to withstand? If it's normal wear and tear, then either will do, if you want resistance to ingress then laminated would be the favourite, but only…

26/04/2024
Pivot door vs. hinged door?

Windows & Doors

920 was enough to get the furniture in. We live in a pretty safe area and it’s great to see people walking to the front door. We’re not too fussed about people…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum