Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Window covering advice for large stacker doors

Page 1 of 1
I’m looking for solutions to block the sun/glare coming through a set of stacker doors. The doors are approximately 5000 wide and 2500 tall. Sheer curtains on tracks was the preference based on looks, but this isn’t sufficient to block the sun glare.

Other options I can think of are:

Thoughts on the options I have outlined? Are there any options I haven’t thought of?
Have you looked at panel blinds? They are quite non-intrusive when open as they all slide back into one. Not sure if they would suit your space or type of doors but might be worth a look. You can get them in sunscreen or full block out materials.
We have them with a pelmet over the top to cover the view of the tracks, but they are in front of sliding doors not stacker so not too sure for you.
I like curtains. But for a few reasons I ended up installing Roman blinds - 3 panels as blockout for early morning sun and to help to keep heat in in winter.

Tinting Windows is something you may want to consider. I have double glazed glass on stackers so it wasn’t an option.

Roller blinds look ok if that’s the way you go for cost etc I have them in townhouse next door on stacker doors.
Panel blinds can look good as per TashPaul.

So many options. It is really a hard decision. Good luck!

Gaudi
I like curtains. But for a few reasons I ended up installing Roman blinds - 3 panels as blockout for early morning sun and to help to keep heat in in winter.

Tinting Windows is something you may want to consider. I have double glazed glass on stackers so it wasn’t an option.

Roller blinds look ok if that’s the way you go for cost etc I have them in townhouse next door on stacker doors.

Would tinting the window keeps the cold away in winter and also keeps the heat away in summer? am curious as am building at the moment and have stacker door I will have to do something to very soon.

Thanks
Deb

debabayomi
Gaudi

Would tinting the window keeps the cold away in winter and also keeps the heat away in summer? am curious as am building at the moment and have stacker door I will have to do something to very soon.

Thanks
Deb

I also love the curtains but it hates to wash them
Especially in the kitchen.
I'll have to explore the market a bit and see what I'm going to decide.
Sara111
debabayomi
Gaudi

Thanks
Deb

I also love the curtains but it hates to wash them
Especially in the kitchen.
I'll have to explore the market a bit and see what I'm going to decide.

I decided to take the roller blins https://apolloblinds.com.au/blinds/roller-blinds/, there are so many beautiful patterns and in the children's room, they will fit perfectly. Since there is a lot of light in my house that I love, it will be enough for me because I do not like darkness in the house.
Congrats on making decision. Hard part done
Roller blind materials have come a long way!
Hope you are happy with the outcome when installed. They work well on stacked doors.

What I like about the roller blinds and Roman is the amount of light can get in when they are up, even if you have a screen blind down.
Related
26/10/2023
Which glass for stacker doors

Windows & Doors

What do you need them to withstand? If it's normal wear and tear, then either will do, if you want resistance to ingress then laminated would be the favourite, but only…

7/02/2024
Flooring & Floor Covering

Flooring & Floor Covering

got it. thanks. I was looking for word ' Adobe' and added filter. all good.

11/10/2023
Stacker door thresholds

Windows & Doors

Sure looks like the type of track that I fitted to my house. My supplier said that the underside has a tray which drains to the front. They cut vertical slots in it. So as…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum