Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Mirrored Internal Doors

Page 1 of 1
Has anyone had any luck finding mirrored internal doors? Corinthian have just what I was looking for, the MODA, but Bunnings are quoting $600 + GST per door. I haven't been able to find anyone else selling them.
What do you mean by mirrored doors? Are they just doors with mirrors on them?
Yeah, doors with mirrors on them.

https://www.corinthian.com.au/Products/ ... oda-PMOD25
I imagine any company that makes doors with a glass insert could replace that with a mirror, although mirrors on both sides would be more difficult. I think that price you got from Bunnings is reasonable for that Moda door - glass and mirrors are expensive.
We have that door as a cavity sliding door into our WIR and I love it
Note that it is only mirror on one side.
TashPaul
We have that door as a cavity sliding door into our WIR and I love it
Note that it is only mirror on one side.

Woh, wait. What? Is it definitely the same door? You don't have a wardrobe version?

I've since found that Hume Doors do a single sided version as part of their SmartRobe range. I originally emailed them to ask if they had mirrored doors, as I couldn't find any on their website, but got no reply. I rang and was directed to the SmartRobe one and was told they could do mirror both sides as a custom order. They said to get a quote through my local Magnet Mart/Home Hardware because it would be cheaper for me. I later got an email reply saying they don't have any mirrored doors in their range... You'd think people would know what they sell.

I queried the quote with Bunnings after I realised it was listed on their website for $481, and they requoted my for $440. No idea what is going on with any of these places. I think they're all nuts.
We have used the non-mirrored Corinthian MODA doors throughout our house. You actually could get a mirror cut and glued onto the panel on one or both sides. It would make it heavy, so you'd need extra hinges and probably heavy-duty door jambs.

arcadelt
We have used the non-mirrored Corinthian MODA doors throughout our house. You actually could get a mirror cut and glued onto the panel on one or both sides. It would make it heavy, so you'd need extra hinges and probably heavy-duty door jambs.

I had considered this! It looks like you have the PMOD1 which isn't listed on Bunnings' website. Where did you get yours from, and do you recall how much you paid? Mine is going to be a cavity slider so I'm not sure if the extra weight will affect it.
LankyJane
Where did you get yours from, and do you recall how much you paid?

I ordered them from the local hardware store, which is an authorised supplier; however, I also picked up a few on eBay for less. $285 and $185 respectively.

LankyJane
Mine is going to be a cavity slider so I'm not sure if the extra weight will affect it.

With a sliding door the extra weight obviously won’t be an issue with hinges, but you will need to make sure the doorway lintel is strong enough so it doesn’t sag.
Related
3/02/2024
Flush Internal Doors

General Discussion

Okay, then the choice is really about the build quality of the door itself which means the brand name. Sorry I can't recommend one or the other so best to rely on comments…

15/06/2023
Internal sheeting of shed

Owner Builder Forum

Thanks. Yeh ideally that would have been good, but have progressed too far now. Hoping some well placed internal walls fixed up into the battens will provide some…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum