Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Large Floor to ceiling windows in staircase privacy?

Page 1 of 1
Were getting ready to build in 6 months time and since our block is quite small and narrow (450 sqm 12 metres wide) we'll be going with a two storey house. All the blocks in the subdivision are of similar sizes so im guessing 90% of the houses will be two storey homes.

I'm looking for feedback from homeowners who have large floor to ceiling windows (or large windows) in their staircase regarding privacy from their neighbours and the sun beating in. I'm guessing it's most likely our neighbours will have a two storey home next door and will have a bird eye view into our staircase (I'm a relatively private person) but having said that love the look...

So is window tininting an option? I'm thinking the windows would be too large to install aluminium slat screening on the exterior (expensive to cover the windows entirely) ..

Rawson Edge:

It would be nice to get some feedback on the pro's and cons of these windows!

Cheers
Did you find a solution? we are on the same search...
Related
1/11/2023
Ideas for Privacy Wall?

General Discussion

Hi guys We have just removed a very large grape vine which was mounted to a structure along this wall. This is a shared wall with our neighbour, and after removal, we…

28/12/2023
$13,500 staircase and we get grade E timber.

Building A New House

Staircases and sausages. Should thou wish to keep thy palate sweet for sausages, avert thine eyes from their crafting.

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum