Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Window seal gap in corners

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I just noticed that most (if not all) of my awning windows have window seal that doesn't fully follow the shape of the window and there are small gaps in the corners. Is that normal or is there something wrong with the windows?

Regards,

Pawel
Looks like the glass is ok just the seal has split. How old?
This is a new house that is just being built.
That'll leak if you hit it with the hose. I wouldn't accept it especially if they're all like that.
Thanks
pawelpabich
Hi,

I just noticed that most (if not all) of my awning windows have window seal that doesn't fully follow the shape of the window and there are small gaps in the corners. Is that normal or is there something wrong with the windows?

Regards,

Pawel

They have stretched the seal as they fitted it, and it has shrunk back. No good enough, needs pointing out. They may try to seal the corners with silicone, but it may not last as the whole length of the seal has been stretched, not just the corners, and it will move over time.

I would want it fixed.

Ed
Thanks ecoECO
If I understand correctly that would have to be done be the manufacturer?
Done correctly, only the manufacturer can do that...

May I use one of your pics for an article?
Thanks
Ed
Sure
So bunch of seals broke after 2 months and last week seals in all awning windows were replaced. Hopefully they will last longer now
Related
16/07/2023
Aluminium awning window seal has popped out in one corner

Windows & Doors

Thanks mate, this helped a lot. Managed to get it back in.

21/06/2023
Mohair Seal Installation

Windows & Doors

I need to replace the worn mohair seal on my sliding window, but I can't get access to the end to slide the old one out & push the new one in. I could probably rip the old…

17/08/2023
Stairs gap

Building A New House

Got my stairs designed like this with 250mm Gap marked below. Gap is bec of 2 steps added between two landing area…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum