Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

curtains costs

Page 1 of 1
Do you guy found that curtains are expensive?

I were shock when I see the quote from Kresta
Over $40k
. All we want are curtain and shear for most of the windows. My bed room only has 1 window and the price for curtaining that window is $5000+wtf.

My laundry sliding door only 1.57m wide, kresta quote $500 for vertical blind
We're making our own, spotlight and a sewing a machine isn't as hard as it seems. Custom curtains and blinds are silly prices. 40k is well over the top, bugger me our flooring and perimeter paving together don't come up to 40k!

Try blindsonline and iseekblinds for some quotes.
I just received another quote this time from vista $26k
What are these companies thinking? Laundry 1.5m wide sliding door
vertical blind $740, discount 45% off = $432 WTF. It seems like they jacked up
the price 100% and then give a 45% discount lol.
Only an idiot would pay $432 for a 1.57m vertical blind.
If your confident with measurements you can get from schenzen china where people from all round the world go, with flight and accommodation you would save at least half.
We paid about $8k for a whole house (2 storey) of venetians, plantation shutters and roller blinds (above stacker doors). Local company but made overseas.

Anything custom made is expensive. In our last house we thought we needed custom made because of odd window sizes. Then we discovered you can just but ready-made blinds and pay for them to be trimmed to the correct size for a fraction of the price. Might be worth looking at that option?
Curtains are generally quite expensive, there is generally a lot of material involved for a start. There is no way I would pay anywhere near what you have been quoted, and I am getting blinds, not curtains. However I probably will get ours made, possibly one at a time so it is more affordable. Planning to start with our bedroom and the bathroom. Then probably our main living area, then will do the others gradually. You don't replace window coverings very often, and (very) cheap ones can tend to actually look cheap.
I just received another quote $20k
I properly have go with ready made, worst come I have to ask my mum to do do adjustment if needed too.
She actually made her own curtain for her house.
Why not size up on blinds online to cross check costs
Matt1
We paid about $8k for a whole house (2 storey) of venetians, plantation shutters and roller blinds (above stacker doors). Local company but made overseas.
Hi who was this company, thanks in advance.

I got a blinds mob in Wangara who quoted 14K for the whole house using roller blinds where a large portion are rechargeable remote rollers and for the smaller ones they are draw string.
Betterviewblinds, in Sydney

Matt1
Betterviewblinds, in Sydney

only if they are in Perth.
Try Coolico or AMT blinds. We just used AMT for timber look venetians and beautiful S wave sheers and pinch pleat block outs behind for our sliding doors (not a roller blind fan) and they were great.

Beazley77
Try Coolico or AMT blinds. We just used AMT for timber look venetians and beautiful S wave sheers and pinch pleat block outs behind for our sliding doors (not a roller blind fan) and they were great.

We only want curtain block out and sheer for most of the windows and shutter for ensuite and bath. the cheapest so far is $20k
i will give Coolico and AMT a call when my build is a bit further in.
I didn't expect that curtain are expensive? Is curtains base on price if we want nice design?
Related
18/06/2023
Facade pillar tiling costs and recommendations in sydney

Building A New House

Looking to tile the facade pillars rather than rendering. Builder is quoting 2500$ laying cost for upto 10msq. The 2 pillars come to be 16msq. So laying costs are 5000$…

15/09/2023
Sydney - Inner Suburbs - Boutique Builder Costs

Building A New House

Hi Simeon, PM'ed you the other day. Still waiting >

2/10/2023
Landscaping Options and Costs

Building A New House

Ha all, I am now about half way (maybe a bit more) through my build with Carlisle Homes - double-storey knockdown/rebuild project. So I am now doing my due diligence and…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum