Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Security/flyscreen sliding door - any nice designs ????

Page 1 of 1
Hey guys,

Are there any attractive sliding/security screeen doors our there for contemporary homes ? Can't stand the cheap-looking ones. Cant' find anythng half attractive on the net
Oh dear - no posts !

Does that mean that there aren't any decent looking sliding screen doors out there ?
Or maybe it means everyone else is happy with the standard 'cheap looking' ones and hasn't bothered looking
There was a thread done a while ago on this, I'll see if I can find it.
Helyn
Or maybe it means everyone else is happy with the standard 'cheap looking' ones and hasn't bothered looking

Actually Helyn , that did cross my mind

Quote:
There was a thread done a while ago on this, I'll see if I can find it.

Thanks Paula, that would be great
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=5578&highlight=sliding+doors

This is about sliding doors but does discuss more flyscreens than security.

I have sliding security doors on the new place, I will get a photo of them for you - maybe tomorrow, bit dark now.
A few links to some previous discussions, with links, hope this helps.

https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=6479

https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=4058
How about the invisible ones

http://www.seafordscreens.com.au/invisi-guard.html
Duminda

Thats like mine
Given that my crazy dog came running at the back door a few nights ago and smashed his nose right into it (I guess he thought I left the door open for him), I think that an invisible screen could pose problems lol. He hit the door with such force I thought for sure he'd either broken his nose or the door.

Okay, it's probably not funny but I can laugh at it because there was no damage from it. Now I know to also close the security door so that he can see that there's a closed door.

Anyway, Southies, I just got my security doors (including the one for the sliding door) through the builder, so I didn't get given a choice about how they looked.
Colleen
Given that my crazy dog came running at the back door a few nights ago and smashed his nose right into it (I guess he thought I left the door open for him), I think that an invisible screen could pose problems lol. He hit the door with such force I thought for sure he'd either broken his nose or the door.

Okay, it's probably not funny but I can laugh at it because there was no damage from it. Now I know to also close the security door so that he can see that there's a closed door.

Anyway, Southies, I just got my security doors (including the one for the sliding door) through the builder, so I didn't get given a choice about how they looked.

It would have looked funny...

Poor dog

The invisable ones still are not that invisable.
Thanks guys fro the links. Will look into them
Colleen

I was going to put an invisible screen on my sliding door, but now I'm having second thoughts ... don't have a dog, but I have 3 year old daughter!

Paula

Paula, will a child be able to see/ notice them?
Duminda
Paula

Judging by the way my now four year old use to bang on them with his plastic hammer....umm...yeah...not a problem.
Duminda
Paula

I can see mine OK - maybe mine arent that invisable??, Maybe they are just plain old security doors??
Related
13/03/2024
Attaching a flyscreen in a rental

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Follow up question - any ideas on how to set up a portable air conditioner through this kind of window?

21/10/2023
Rain coming through security door

General Discussion

Hi When it rains in a particular direction water comes through the security door. It hits the main door and the bottom swells and jams. There is already a cover over the…

1/08/2023
Double glazed sliding door recomendations? (Melbourne)

Windows & Doors

I’m in a similar position except I’m after sliding 3 stacking doors. I am on a second-story apartment of which the balcony would not adequately fit any bi-fold or…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum