Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Louvres, has anyone got them?

Page 1 of 1
On the plan we are looking at, there ar elouvre windows to the bathrooms and bedrooms. I really like them, theyre different, and I love the fact they will suit the beachy feel to our home.

Has anyone got them in their house? Are they easy to clean? Or would we be better off with the normal sliding window?
Got one for my WC. Not a fan of them. Hard to keep clean and you can't have flyscreens.
Oh, I thought you could have flyscreens.

That solves that then! Ill stick to normal sliding windows.

Thanks
d@n
Got one for my WC. Not a fan of them. Hard to keep clean and you can't have flyscreens.

We have heaps of lourves in our current house & they're all crimsafe screened so they can be screened. I find the lourves themselves are easy to clean, I actually clean them more often than my double hungs cause I can do both sides from inside the house, having said that though the cavity that is in between the lourve & the crimsafe does get HEAPS of spiders/bugs ect & at the bottom of the casing it is awkward to clean. This may be alleviated if you had removable flyscreens as opposed to a fixed screen option.

For an aesthetic purpose I love them, particularly if you're saying your theme is beachy & you can't go past them for air flow IMO.
Related
23/04/2024
Omaxe homes - Melbourne - anyone built with them?

Building A New House

I haven’t. But have a Lowe Design home. Not only did I find Matt Lowe patronising and a bully, but the home is NOT TO CODE. I have water coming through the bricks…

6/12/2023
Anyone got owner builder permit to build a duplex in NSW ?

Owner Builder Forum

If so what were the "special circumstances" under which it was granted? "Note: If the development consent is for 'dual occupancy' an owner-builder permit can only be…

13/02/2024
Safety screens! Worth them?

Safer Living

Hi everyone. I am a single mother with little daughter, living in a small tourist town in WA Australia. I am thinking to install security screens to all the doors and…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum