Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Which company to choose

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,
i am trying to decide which compnay to use for our double glazed windows for an OB we are doing. i have quotes from both stegbar and A&L and they are very similar. i have been told by different people in the industry that one has better quality, then others tell me the other has better quality. Any advice or experiences would be appreciated as right now i think i will toss a coin,

cheers
donuts.... where are you located? I am in Perth and I think I am leaning towards Casver.

Been there a couple of times and spent a lot of time with the owner who explained everything to me.

Good luck....

Ciao
Mark
IN melb
We chose Bradnams windows for our OB. I got quotes from A&L and Bradnams but not Stegbar. I have always been lead to believe that A&L was more of a builders window and not really the best quality so even thought they were cheaper, which i did expect we went with Bradnams. I went and looked at their displays and i was happy with what i saw, i have had A&L windows before and the Bradnams ones just felt better and smoother. They get delivered in about 2 weeks so i will keep you posted as to how it all goes.

I cant tell you much about Stegbar but i was told after we accepted the Bradnams quote that Stegbar's frames are thicker. Cant guarantee that's true but it may be something to look into before accepting anything.

Hope this helps.
Cheers
What about Ed from Ecoclassics in Melbourne? He's very active in this forum and is well respected.
zeitgeber
What about Ed from Ecoclassics in Melbourne? He's very active in this forum and is well respected.

Thanks, Z... finally looked up the definition of your user name...
Zeitgeber (from German for "time giver," or "synchronizer") is any exogenous (external) cue that synchronizes an organism's endogenous time-keeping system .. fascinating... Ed
Ed, shouldn't you have you put your hand up and yelled "pick me, pick me"
Thanks guys
donuts9999
IN melb

I've got pictures on my blog of the ecoclassic windows if you need some (in silver)
Hi Donuts,
Just wondering what you went with as we have the same question on double hung wood windows.
Thanks
I have eco classic windows. I actually went over to Melbourne to check them out before getting them. ( I'm from Adelaide ) House is not completed yet but if you want pics Ill see what I can do.
Another +1 for Ed @ EcoClassic. I'm owner building in Melbourne now & have specified EcoClassic windows - the walls are going up now so windows are very close to actually being ordered.

Go have a look at A&L & Stegbar - take notice of the seals, locks & winders, etc. Then look at EcoClassic. That's what we did & once you see a decent product it's hard to believe what some companies pass off as 'quality'.

Certainly some other good products if you can afford the price tag - EuroWindows have really nice hardware. Rylocks thermally broken range is quite good. But for the price & proper silicone sealing (instead of rubber wedges which look & perform crappily in comparison) we couldn't fault Eco.

Don't mean to sound like an advert; I just spent a long time researching this aspect of our build.
Does EcoClassic do Wood windows - just that in Port Melbourne the heritage overlay is a little painful and the council prefers wood.
I can't speak for eco classic but would have Stegbar over A & L every day of the week.
builderforlife
I can't speak for eco classic but would have Stegbar over A & L every day of the week.

Love you to come and have a look... then you can speak for EcoClassic...
Jean_home
Does EcoClassic do Wood windows - just that in Port Melbourne the heritage overlay is a little painful and the council prefers wood.

Sorry, we don't do actual timber windows, but we do do a great timber finish to one side, and it is indiscernible from the real thing, except it never needs maintenance. If you visit our showroom @ 319 Swan St., Richmond, the French door has this finish - you can see it in our window. Mahogany... beautiful...

Thanks
Ed
im tossing up between stegbar and eco now. AL is out of the picture.I have a very good price through a contact at stegbar but like the idea of dealing with a smaller company and have heard nothing but great feedback about eco. will let you know which way i go,

cheers
Related
11/05/2024
insulation company Sydney

Building A New House

faultless is hard to find, talk to your builder because it has real potential to hold up the schedule so needs to someone they work well with. I agree it is frustrating to…

29/09/2023
Timber or carpet on first floor- which looks good ?

General Discussion

Thank you. Do I use timber floorboards for stairs or do people use timber treads? Or is both the same?

26/10/2023
Which glass for stacker doors

Windows & Doors

What do you need them to withstand? If it's normal wear and tear, then either will do, if you want resistance to ingress then laminated would be the favourite, but only…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum