Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Plantation shutters

Page 1 of 1
Ok I am on a roll here with all my posts so I thought I'd go onto my next topic...windows!!

I adore white plantation shutters, I'm wondering however, what colour my windows should be too make them look good. I was originally thinking of white timber windows to the front of the house and white windows elsewhere but would this be too much? With the white plantation shutters I mean....

What other colour windows could suit?

Also I have been looking at my plan and I have approx
- 1 small window and 1 larger window in study
-2 small windows in formal lounge and 1 large void in the wall
- 4 windows in dining
- 2 windows in living + sliding door (where I was thinking of a white panel guide...not sure if you can use plantation on sliding doors?)

Then...
- 12 small windows in total in the bedrooms...

So approx 23 windows all up to be covered - will this cost be the world to do in plantation shutters?? Or does anyone have a rough cost guide per window etc...

What other window dressings would look nice alongside plantation shutters ? Particulary in the same room....

Thanks again!!

Belinda
white shutters are gorgeous

you can have matching timber venetians
Hi Belinda,
I think you are on the right track ti have white windows with white shutters.

here is a photo for you

as for cost you need to shop around you will find a big difference from company to company.
You can also do an online qoute to give you a round about idea of how much of your budget to set aside.
Thanks Paula, that is exactly what I mean
The white windows look great with the white shutters...i wonder how much it would be too upgrade all windows to white timber

Do you have any site addresses where I might get quotes, I haven't got the measurements of the windows though...

I just had a look at the site you got the pics from and there is some nice blinds there, I like the contempary roman blinds in white too - maybe I could do roman blinds for upstairs and shutters downstairs....

Arghhh! Window dressings are by far the hardest decision!!

Thanks again - you are a great help
I also absolutely adore white plantations! I 'plan' on having them only on the front facing facade at this stage (M Bedroom, 3rd bedroom and study), but the other 2 upstairs bedrooms will have our current white timber venetians...thankfully they are almost the same size. All our windows will be 'Merino/Paperbark', but we will have white woodwork surrounding the frames.

My Mum and Dad have them on a few windows, and the exterior window frame is 'paperbark', and that looks great. The interior colour is white though! There is also a house near us that has stained windows on the exterior and white plantations, and that looks fabulous as well. Not sure about the internal paintwork colour though! But I guess from the interior perspective, white probably looks best.

Just remember all timber windows will need painting/staining!!! One reason why we are sticking to the standard with 'H' and going with aluminium

I'm finding choosing bricks and tiles/benches/cupboard combinations have been my nightmare...but I haven't thought too much about window dressings yet! Fun times ahead, goodluck with it!
Related
22/12/2023
How to fit mesh fly screen while shutters in place

Windows & Doors

Hello everyone Please advice me how can I install mesh security window or we cab say mesh flyscreen inside while the pvc plantation shutters are already installed? Is…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum