Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Cabinet doors sitting wont come out ! (with image)

Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone,
I want to remove a door from my cabinet, and that door includes a "sitting" (i hope thats the word for it) that looks like that:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14/21009434.jpg

and with the door attacked it looks like that :
http://homeaid.xnet.co.il/content/account/00/10/00/00/zir_aron/1.jpg

I tried to pull it out but its really stuck in there.
In addition I took out all the outer screws so it seems there are 2 "hidden" screws ... so question is how to take it out ? pull ? if so, how am I suppose to do it ? my hand isn't enough and this thing isn't convinient for pulling (its plastic and becomes slippery after couple of times).

Thanks for any help !!
The hinge mount ( the white plastic part on the cabinet itself ) will have two pins with serrations on them that are forcibly pushed into pre-drilled holes in the side of your cabinet.
Try pulling it out and you will end up with a bloody big piece of melamine being ripped out as well - very unsightly.
You are better off using a sharp chisel and trying to cut it instead.

Stewie
Stewie D
The hinge mount ( the white plastic part on the cabinet itself ) will have two pins with serrations on them that are forcibly pushed into pre-drilled holes in the side of your cabinet.
Try pulling it out and you will end up with a bloody big piece of melamine being ripped out as well - very unsightly.
You are better off using a sharp chisel and trying to cut it instead.

Stewie

Thanks
So it will not come peacfully ? I thought about saving it to use the door elsewhere
The door is easy to remove and I assume that you have already done this.
To remove the plastic plate on the side of the carcase I'd drill it out. Where the little indents are is where the dowels that hold it in place are. Just dont drill right through the side of the carcase. It's most likely about an 8mm dowel but I'd start with a 5mm and see if that clears it if not go up to a 6mm then an 8mm.
The door can still be used, you just unscrew the 2 screws that hold the hinge to the door and the hinge will lift out of the cup hole. You can then replace the whole hinge and plate with a new one. They only cost a few dollars each.
Related
4/09/2023
Newly Installed Aircon Not Sitting Flush with the Wall

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

The unit normally clips into a metal plate screwed to the wall, either plate is not flush, or unit not hooked in and could be hanging from the pipes partly, either might…

12/06/2024
Pond sitting on patio

Landscape & Garden Design

Hey, I'm wanting to make an above ground pond that will sit on our patio, it will be 2m x 1m x 60cm high. I'm just wanting to run a few things by people to verify my…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum