Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Painting timber venetians?

Page 1 of 1
I have Luxaflex timber venetians in my family room and I was wondering whether they can be painted? I would like to paint them white rather than have to buy all new ones. Has anyone tried this or is this impractical? Would I also need to replace the brown cords?
We were actually considering the same thing. But having picked up two sets really cheaply from Bunnings ($20 for two windows) we decided that we'd keep looking for another bargain. Also, I think that the amount of paint you might need (I envisage at least 2 coats) it would be easier and possibly more cost effective to replace the blinds.

Depending on the condition of your current blinds is there a possiblity you could sell them second hand??
I've been selling custom made blinds for over 10years and I wouldn't suggest painting them. Maybe try and sell your existing ones and look at purchasing new white synthetic blinds. They'll look better, last longer, and won't cost the earth. To paint them would require a LOT of paint and patience and you'd need to pull the blinds apart and put them back together! Ouch.
Related
6/07/2023
Engineered Timber Flooring Vs Solid Timber

General Discussion

Engineering timber is certainly a less fuss option, times cheaper to supply and install and better withstands humidity.

14/07/2023
Painting Multifinish Plaster

Building A New House

Hi, Have used the Dulux 1 step, oil base on my walls(white set), out of can it’s already a more thinner product than a final coat paint Also in water base Water or…

5/03/2024
Painting Acrylic rendered retaining wall

General Discussion

Thanks mate, is there a standard off the shelf type breathable product I can apply DIY? Thanks

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum