Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Interior double door hardware

Page 1 of 1
I would like to hear from people who have an interior double door, such as into lounge or master bed, and what door hardware they have, Are you happy with the way it operates or what you would do different next time.
I am planning a large study off the entry hall with double 720mm doors. I am not sure what catches hold the doors closed, not keen on keeping one locked shut, but dont want to leave open all the ime.

Also where is your light switch?
We have two sets of double doors... one set into the study (two full size doors) and one to the master bedroom (one full size, one half size door). We have a handle only on one door, the other has a latch at the top. We really only use one door anyway... but double doors look pretty and are good for moving furniture!

The study doors are centred to the room, so we have the light switch outside the doors in the hall otherwise we'd have had to go around the door to turn it on. In the master, the larger door opens onto a wall, so both lights for the bed and the retreat part are on this wall, but not behind the door when it's open.

I was really anal about our light switches, and these ones especially, as I didn't want to be walking around doors all the time trying to find light switches! The set up we have works really well.
Related
1/08/2023
Double glazed sliding door recomendations? (Melbourne)

Windows & Doors

I’m in a similar position except I’m after sliding 3 stacking doors. I am on a second-story apartment of which the balcony would not adequately fit any bi-fold or…

20/07/2023
Double door frame size

General Discussion

Current door width is approx 2700, looking to have double doors fitted 820-820. What size does the frame need to be before door jamb? Thanks

10/06/2024
Frame overhang Double Glaze Sliding door and Void above

Building A New House

The frame work needs to be fully and adequately supported as they are most of the time the load bearer. A steel angle bolted to slab edge and bottom plate could do the…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum