Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Increasing size of door after council approval

Page 1 of 1
I am an owner builder who is preparing for an extension to the back of the house. I have DA approval and now going to suppliers for quotes.

The current opening for the door leading onto the deck is 2100mm high by 3240mm wide. I am looking at a few catalogs and can see designs for 3 panel stacker doors that are 3400mm wide.

Do I need to go back to council to get approval for the additional 160mm or is it fine to make the opening a little bigger to accommodate.

Thanks PK
I reckon you'd have to re-submit, as an external door is part of the whole structure.

Tho saying that, it may not be an issue. Really depends on your council. Why don't you just ring them and ask?
In all seriousness they will not even notice.
All you need to do is make sure that the supporting beams are sufficient.
I'd speak to an engineer. As b stair said, the council wont even notice
All plan sizes for windows and doors are nominal. The supplier will supply the closest standard size, that is normal. So go ahead...

Ed
Related
13/02/2024
DA vs CDC (Approval Times) in Ku-ring-gai Council?

Building A New House

Hi Minho I have heaps of experience in Ku-ring-gai with both DAs and CDC ( this is the main area we build in). DA's are taking 12-18months and CDC's we have been doing…

20/07/2023
Double door frame size

General Discussion

Current door width is approx 2700, looking to have double doors fitted 820-820. What size does the frame need to be before door jamb? Thanks

26/04/2024
Overhead cupboard door size in Kitchen – which is better

Kitchen Corner

Bigger the better for storage for me IMO. But I guess it's harder to tell the cost/benefit in your example - mainly the 'cost'? If you go 700mm, what are you doing extra…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum